Honored Contributor

Comcast/Xfinity Series Recordings

I had two Tivos and recently gave up my older one and got the Comcast DVR.  I noticed in my scheduled recordings that Shark Tank is being recorded on both ABC and CNBC.  I only want the new recordings on ABC.  I cancelled all of the scheduled recordings because I couldn't figure out how to edit it.  Then I tried to set it up again.  I set it up for New Recordings Only, but on the Channels line it only had HD or SD as a choice.  I chose HD and it set it up on both channels.  This is so frustrating.  You can set the Tivo for a specific channel.

Am I missing something?  Am I going to have to delete all of these CNBC recordings?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Re: Comcast/Xfinity Series Recordings

I haven’t had Comcast in a few years, but I seem to remember that you would choose all channels or this channel only in the extended recording settings.  There might be a way to set this channel only as your default.

Hope this is still applicable and that it will resolve your problem!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can set it for a specific channel.  Go to to scheduled recordings then to options for the specific recording - it will show the channels there.  You can also find your recorded program on the channel guide - hit info then go to options from there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe  @Deb665  That's what I was doing, only I was doing it under the recording for the CNBC show.  It gave me a choice of CNBC, HD or SD.  When I went back to the scheduled recording for the ABC show it gave me a choice of ABC instead of CNBC.  Thank you both!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

So glad you got it working!