Esteemed Contributor

Heard on the news this morning that they didn't activate their emergency beacon which would have provided their location to rescuers.

Why wouldn't they use every means available to be found?

Obviously, it casts doubt on the whole story.

Honored Contributor

There was also no storm, their claims are full of holes.  What do people get out of lying about stuff?

Honored Contributor

and why take your dogs on a boat

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

There was also no storm, their claims are full of holes.  What do people get out of lying about stuff?

the attention they are getting now

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Those women lost at sea

[ Edited ]

I expect it will all come out and be forgotten in a few days. 

Perhaps the hopes of $$ from a book or movie was the motivation.  The need for attention? 

As Mark Twain said, "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

In my case, it is cat, but you get the idea.

Honored Contributor

When they are proved to be liars ,the kind of attention that will bring, is the kind most people would never want to have.

Most people want to be thought of as honest, and truthful

Honored Contributor

This whole story smells fishy!  Neither one looked as if they had lost weight or were any worse for wear.     

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Those women lost at sea

[ Edited ]

Look at their boat. It looks like it was docked. The women said they had food for a year, stored.

https://www.b7d.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/1509134405_navy-rescues-women-dogs-lost-at-sea-for-months-730x411.jpg

Respected Contributor

I find their story hard to believe.  For two people lost at sea for five months, they and their dogs looked remarkably well fed and healthy when they were rescued.  Something fishy here if you ask me. 

Esteemed Contributor

They looked unbelievably in good shape...the dogs too. When I first saw the story on the news, my first thought was how they survived. OK, they might have caught fish but how about water? You can’t drink ocean water.