Honored Contributor

Officials are looking at the possibility that the fire might have been human caused.  They have seen a witness' video of a shed on fire located in an undisclosed location. That shed fire was seen shortly before the Marshall Fire had started so officials are looking into the possibility that the shed fire might have been the cause of the Marshall Fire. That shed fire was burning during a 'no-burn' time meaning there was a high-fire-danger warning given at that time.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   I read that three people were missing.  Have you heard if they have been found?

When we want to burn garden and tree trimmings we have to get a permit from the county and call b4 we are allowed to burn.  We also need a source of water.  It's crazy that someone would burn either legally or illegally on such a windy day.  So much devastation!  DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

I did not know that there are/were people missing! I haven't heard a thing about that.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   I read about the missing on one of the news sites I read.  I'll try to find it again.  It said they were gonna use cadaver dogs.  It might have been our paper...I'll look for it...DW

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   Just google 3 missing in Marshall Fire.  There are several articles...DW

Honored Contributor

That is so said Woman Sad @dancingwoman 

Honored Contributor

I heard they were getting a search warrant for a "suspicious" property.  I wonder if it could be the one with the shed.  Sounds like law enforcement is onto something. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  @SilleeMee   I read that they found one of the missing alive.  Now there are still two people missing.  It would me wonderful if they were found alive too.   DW

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

I saw that on the news yesterday. I was happy to see one person was found alive.

There has been a search warrant issued by Boulder County to look at the burning shed incident which has been under scrutiny since the video surfaced. Arson charges could be issued if things are found illegally burned.

Super Contributor
I live in Boulder and fortunately, we are 6 miles from the fire and did not have to evacuate. It was very, very scary to be so close and keep following the situation. I am proud of how much our community has offered help and resources to those who are impacted.