Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I wonder if there could be any kind of charges against the individual or individuals who produced the phony PP videos?  Even during Friday's attack, I saw a Texas Senator referencing the videos as if they were true, and we still see political candidates referencing them as well.  Now that there has been this attack, I would think that elected officials who continue to reference them should be charged with inciting violence, or perhaps terrrorism?  Just wondering if anyone has any info or thoughts on this?

I believe that he is being sued in civil court.

But it's a free country and you can say just about anything.

The thing that upsets me are people who continue to believe lies - even after they have been thoroughly proven to be fake...and the leaders who insist on doubling down and continuing to speak about them as if they are true. They need to be shamed out of their jobs.

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I wonder if there could be any kind of charges against the individual or individuals who produced the phony PP videos?  Even during Friday's attack, I saw a Texas Senator referencing the videos as if they were true, and we still see political candidates referencing them as well.  Now that there has been this attack, I would think that elected officials who continue to reference them should be charged with inciting violence, or perhaps terrrorism?  Just wondering if anyone has any info or thoughts on this?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Morally, I'd say yeah.

At the least they should be called out for what they are and that would be LIARS.

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@RubyinNE wrote:

Of course he was mentally ill, but his target was the Planned Parenthood clinic.

I won't get into politics, but I will say there was a lot of misinformation and hateful rhetoric regarding the mission of PP. People who are unbalanced react in horrific ways. My thoughts go out to the police officer's family and friends, and the two other victims who were killed in cold blood.

I'm waiting for the comments and reactions from those who spread all that misinformation on a national stage.

They are uncharacteristically quiet now.

Terrier,

I share your anger and disgust at those who feel it is their holy duty to target PP clinics, harass the patients and kill doctors.  I find them to be as low a criminal as any gang member who commits murder without remorse.

I understand those who disagree with abortion. They are free not to have one. The fact is, though, that it is legal.  No amount of proselytizing or protesting changes that. 

**********  Sad....but true.  I think we will pay a heavy price for it.  No, let me phrase that a little better.....I think we  are  paying a heavy price for it.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

********  You don't know all the people in the world, Noel.  If you want to bury your head in the sand and turn the other way....that is your business.

You are right - we don't know every instance. But we DO know that every investigation done by every anti-choice official has come up with NO offenses by PP...no murders...nothing that would lead to shutting down the clinics.

That's a fact.

Honored Contributor

Curious that while he's a terrorist,  since he's white and home grown, he's mentally ill while had he been black or involved with ISIS he would be sane just evil.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

********  You don't know all the people in the world, Noel.  If you want to bury your head in the sand and turn the other way....that is your business.

You are right - we don't know every instance. But we DO know that every investigation done by every anti-choice official has come up with NO offenses by PP...no murders...nothing that would lead to shutting down the clinics.

That's a fact.

*********   Your facts.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@RubyinNE wrote:

Of course he was mentally ill, but his target was the Planned Parenthood clinic.

I won't get into politics, but I will say there was a lot of misinformation and hateful rhetoric regarding the mission of PP. People who are unbalanced react in horrific ways. My thoughts go out to the police officer's family and friends, and the two other victims who were killed in cold blood.

I'm waiting for the comments and reactions from those who spread all that misinformation on a national stage.

They are uncharacteristically quiet now.

Terrier,

I share your anger and disgust at those who feel it is their holy duty to target PP clinics, harass the patients and kill doctors.  I find them to be as low a criminal as any gang member who commits murder without remorse.

I understand those who disagree with abortion. They are free not to have one. The fact is, though, that it is legal.  No amount of proselytizing or protesting changes that. 

**********  Sad....but true.  I think we will pay a heavy price for it.  No, let me phrase that a little better.....I think we  are  paying a heavy price for it.

If you mean the heavy price is the flat-out lawlessness of those who choose to carry out these acts of terrorism against facilites and doctors who perform legal services, then I agree with you.

If you mean the legality of abortion being a heavy price, then again I will remind you.  You are free to not have one and to disapprove.  You are not free to force that belief on others.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

That's a fact.

*********   Your facts.

Actually, they are not her facts but they are the facts that have been reported regarding every single investigation.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

That's a fact.

*********   Your facts.

No, not my facts. Press releases from State Attorney Generals' offices saying that there have been no offenses at the clinics.

Not MY facts. The truth.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Curious that while he's a terrorist,  since he's white and home grown, he's mentally ill while had he been black or involved with ISIS he would be sane just evil.

I disagree.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop