Super Contributor

Of course he was mentally ill, but his target was the Planned Parenthood clinic.

I won't get into politics, but I will say there was a lot of misinformation and hateful rhetoric regarding the mission of PP. People who are unbalanced react in horrific ways. My thoughts go out to the police officer's family and friends, and the two other victims who were killed in cold blood.

Honored Contributor

@RubyinNE wrote:

Of course he was mentally ill, but his target was the Planned Parenthood clinic.

I won't get into politics, but I will say there was a lot of misinformation and hateful rhetoric regarding the mission of PP. People who are unbalanced react in horrific ways. My thoughts go out to the police officer's family and friends, and the two other victims who were killed in cold blood.

I'm waiting for the comments and reactions from those who spread all that misinformation on a national stage.

They are uncharacteristically quiet now.

Honored Contributor

Yes.

It's been well known for quite some time that continuing hate talk can push someone over the edge.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Frequent Contributor

Such a tragic loss of life. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families as well as those involved in this tragedy. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Respected Contributor

Shouldn't the producer of the fraudulent videos be punished?  

Honored Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

The funny thing is that his mentor, James O'Keefe, HAS been convicted of doctoring tapes (and paid a civil fine to the injured parties - many thousands of dollars) and also breaking and entering a federal office.

Just like a certain guy on the public stage now...the lies and the untruths don't matter at all. The supporters just double down and insist that they are right. Any and all lies are accepted for the "cause."

Respected Contributor

Re: Colorado Springs

[ Edited ]

@terrier3 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

The funny thing is that his mentor, James O'Keefe, HAS been convicted of doctoring tapes (and paid a civil fine to the injured parties - many thousands of dollars) and also breaking and entering a federal office.

Just like a certain guy on the public stage now...the lies and the untruths don't matter at all. The supporters just double down and insist that they are right. Any and all lies are accepted for the "cause."

I don't know who you are referring to but the producer of the fraudulent videos has publicly announced they were fraudulent and stated he never condoned violence.  Damage control.   How could anyone continue to believe in the videos after that? 

Esteemed Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

I don't know who you are referring to but the producer of the fraudulent videos has pubically announced they were fraudulent and stated he never condoned violence.  Damage control.   How could anyone continue to believe in the videos after that? 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes true to those who want it to be true.

We have posters here who say they don't trust facts.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

Sadly, it seems this is becoming standard operating procedure, regardless of the cause, regardless of who's espousing it and regardless of whether the cause is a national, local or personal one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@RubyinNE wrote:

I'm waiting for the comments and reactions from those who spread all that misinformation on a national stage.

They are uncharacteristically quiet now.

*********  Terrier.....I realize you are passionate about PP and you have suffered loss.  I am sorry for your loss.  I feel you are being more political than you think you are. You may very well be right about, "the baby parts"....but could it be that the next day it could have been isis, or global warming or whatever.... that this man was ranting about?  As others have said he targeted police, too.

Also, I don't rely on those video's one way or another.  People who have worked in abortion clinics....including nurses and doctors have witnessed the murder of fully formed babies way before these video's.  Some could not stomach it and even quit their jobs over it.  This man had no right to do what he did, but please don't tell me you are not using this to further your cause.  I sure as heck am using this post to further mine.  What is good for the goose is good for the gander.