Honored Contributor

Colorado Dad To Be Sentenced Monday

The Colorado Dad that confessed to the murder of his wife, and children has taken a plea deal, and is to be sentenced Monday. His parents were interviewed, and believe his wife was more likely the one thst killed the girls. He had a girlfriend, and she has spoken now. She says he told her he was at the end of a divorce. She says he lied to her about his family situation. 

I feel for both families in this tragedy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado Dad To Be Sentenced Monday

I don't know why they offer a plea deal to someone who is so obviously and admittedly guilty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Is this the guy who put the bodies in oil barrels?

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Is this the guy who put the bodies in oil barrels?

Yes, he is the one.

Respected Contributor

He is pleading guilty and will be sentenced to life in prison 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know why they offer a plea deal to someone who is so obviously and admittedly guilty.

I listened to the District Attorney press conference. He said her parents did not want the death penalty sought. In Colorado, executions are very rarely carried out. He would have been entitled to many appeals, and there would of course have been a lengthy trial. 

He is suppose to be sentenced to life without parole, which in the end will be the same as death with Colorado's history. 

The DA also said that after the sentencing is over, he will hold a press conference, and reveal more information about the evidence. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I listened to the District Attorney press conference. He said her parents did not want the death penalty sought. In Colorado, executions are very rarely carried out. He would have been entitled to many appeals, and there would of course have been a lengthy trial. 

He is suppose to be sentenced to life without parole, which in the end will be the same as death with Colorado's history. 

The DA also said that after the sentencing is over, he will hold a press conference, and reveal more information about the evidence. 

@Tissyanne  Re "sentenced to life without parole, which in the end will be the same as death with Colorado's history." what is the history?

Valued Contributor

I'm glad he accepted the plea for life. Had he been found guilty by a jury and given the death sentence, he'd be safely tucked away on death row, probably never been executed and lived a long life - acclamating to prison life just like Scott Peterson.

My biggest wish is he will be put in the general population. There is a pecking order. Even hardened criminals will be less than impressed that this lowlife murdered two beautiful children (aged 3 & 4) and their pregnant mom. Let prison justice prevail and may it be as terrifying for him as it was for his family.
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tissyanne  Re "sentenced to life without parole, which in the end will be the same as death with Colorado's history." what is the history?

@mousiegirl, I believe the DA said one execution since 1977. People on death row in Colorado are very rarely executed according to the press conference. 

Honored Contributor

Always cheaper for the state to have the accused take a plea deal.