Valued Contributor

Re: Co-sleeping with your furbaby :)

Happy Daze, my dog jumps into bed with me after my husband gets up every morning just like clockwork. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

>^..^<    *I* decide who sleeps where..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We haven't slept well since we lost Buster.  We miss him taking up most of the bed and snoring. Smiley Sad

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

My three goldens sleep with me every night, it does make me feel content to have them there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I haven't had a dog yet that will sleep in my bed, even though I would like them to on occasion.  I have tried to make them but in a few minutes they are gone.  The reason is, I am the Alpha in this family.   Dogs in the pack never sleep with the Alpha male or female.   Dogs that do sleep against or next to a person, consider that person to be on the same level as themselves.  Most dogs prefer to sleep undisturbed in a small area such as behind a chair, in a corner or in a crate.  They are animals that like a den.   It all goes back to their roots. 

Super Contributor

@TaxyLady wrote:

I haven't had a dog yet that will sleep in my bed, even though I would like them to on occasion.  I have tried to make them but in a few minutes they are gone.  The reason is, I am the Alpha in this family.   Dogs in the pack never sleep with the Alpha male or female.   Dogs that do sleep against or next to a person, consider that person to be on the same level as themselves.  Most dogs prefer to sleep undisturbed in a small area such as behind a chair, in a corner or in a crate.  They are animals that like a den.   It all goes back to their roots. 

----------------

That's fascinating and makes a lot of sense. Does the same hold true for felines?

Our cat won't sleep with me but she will sleep (for a couple of hours) on top of my husband's head or directly next to him on his pillow during the night. 

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

We haven't slept well since we lost Buster.  We miss him taking up most of the bed and snoring. Smiley Sad

Isn't it interesting how we get use to this kind of stuff.  My last kitty that passed used to sleep right in the crook of my arm next to me under the covers. Even when I would turn, she would follow and take the same position.  Sometimes I needed my space so I would turn and make sure my back was still against her but nope, there she came.  She would be there even if I was laying down on the couch watching tv.  I still miss that to this day.  Funny what we get use to.

Esteemed Contributor

Our various dogs over the years have always been welcome in our bed.  Some chose to sleep with us, others not.  My current dog (puppy) is very affectionate and loves to be in bed with us or cuddled up on the sofa with us.  I gives me a great sense of "contentment" and happiness when he rests his head on my chest.  It's like holding a baby -- it just feels good!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@TaxyLady wrote:

In the past the dogs i have had ,would not sleep with me, they slept with my husband, HE SNORED LOUDLY!!!!!, but when he died ,the three i have started sleeping with me, i need them,as much as they need me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

i never slept with a cat i didn't like....:-)

GREAT ANSWER!!!