Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Is anyone not coming over to the Proboards?  I'm hoping everyone joins.  

@San Antonio Gal I was going to register until I saw that my name, email, and birthdate were required. Why is all that needed?

@Eager2Learn 

You are required to have a working email address because for one thing, you are sent a code to enter before your registration is fully accepted. (You are also required to accept ProBoards terms of service like many other sites.)  Your real name is not asked for.  Most of us just used our nicknames from here as our usernames over there.  And a lot of us (myself included) put in a birthdate not our own.  They do 'celebrate' birthdays there, but you can edit your settings to not have your personal information shown to other members.  

The moderators do have access to your email address, though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Would some of the former posters who have been banned (they were angry and hateful people) be allowed to join on a new board? Since the answer is yes I will probably not sign up amywhere else.

Yes, everyone will have a clean slate.

There will be zero tolerance tor hateful interactions and we will not hesitate to ban posters if they are aggressive.  Warnings will be given before they are banned.

#1 rule.  Be respectable, always. 

There will never be a place for nasty people on "q forum friends"

So far, everyone has been wonderful.  I hope it lasts.

@CarmieRules should be specific no cursing, no bulling etc. "Nasty people" is subjective. Many were labeled nasty for having a strong but different opinion. You have to represent all viewpoints, or why would anyone want to come there.

Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@San Antonio Gal I was going to register until I saw that my name, email, and birthdate were required. Why is all that needed?

@Eager2Learn 

You are required to have a working email address because for one thing, you are sent a code to enter before your registration is fully accepted. (You are also required to accept ProBoards terms of service like many other sites.)  Your real name is not asked for.  Most of us just used our nicknames from here as our usernames over there.  And a lot of us (myself included) put in a birthdate not our own.  They do 'celebrate' birthdays there, but you can edit your settings to not have your personal information shown to other members.  

The moderators do have access to your email address, though.

@geezerette Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I think many folks post expecting to be only agreed with and are outraged when the opposite occurs.

I find very little discussion here or elsewhere.  It's mostly just posting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Closing Forums

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

So the new board will essentially become a closed island not allowing new entrants?  It seems that it will become insular with only the existing group.  No new outside thoughts and ideas.

At least at Q new posters were constantly popping up.

But I guess that always caused consternation so now everyone will have what they always wanted. 

@Johnnyeager I doubt they will not allow new members...that is what a board is for...talking and acquiring new members?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@manny2   Just looked at those two posts. Those are from two trouble making mean girls  who love to bait and are already doing so I see. The rest of it looked fine to me.  The people who set the board up did a very nice job. 👍  I do hope the mods delete posts that bait by people looking for trouble.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Would some of the former posters who have been banned (they were angry and hateful people) be allowed to join on a new board? Since the answer is yes I will probably not sign up amywhere else.

I am watching and reading if it became too negative...I would just...walk away. I likes ya...give it a go!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Pearlee  Lurk there for a bit.  Scroll through the members.  Check out the Royal Forum.  I think @dulwich is there.

@Pearlee You can come and browse without registering, but only for a little while longer.

The boards will be locked.  Visiting guests will not be able to read the posts or see the posters nick names.

This is being done for security and privacy.

Currently there 644 people registered.

@Carmie  Why not give a specific date rather than "a little while longer?"  I am still undecided. I would hope you would let people browse there until this board closes.  

@Pearlee Why not take a look...you do not have to join. I lurked a bit...and decided to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I assume that the forum is intended to be Pro-Royal Family only.

That's the impression I get from the posts.

Contrary views should be taken elsewhere. 

If someone wanted to start a thread where they were going to bash H and M or make racist statements about them, they should start their own thread.  Derailing a thread about the Queen or any other royal should not be tolerated there

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I assume that the forum is intended to be Pro-Royal Family only.

That's the impression I get from the posts.

Contrary views should be taken elsewhere. 

Yes,  @Johnnyeager  We need a board where all opinions are welcome.