Respected Contributor

@Mersha 

How were moderators chosen? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Johnnyeager   I don't believe it will be closed in the way you are thinking.  It will be private only in the sense tthat soon you will have to register an account in order to read and/or participate.

I'm sure people from here that have been involved in its creation can clarify, especially if my explanation is incorrect.

@Carmie   When you get a chance can you clarify this for this querent?  Many thanks, as always.  And thanks for all the work you and others are doing to get the new site up and running.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Even if you are correct @aroc3435 it is not a wise move. People should be a able to view the posts. That is what attracts new posters with different viewpoints. Some people need their interest piqued to join. They are excluding a large base by closing it..

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Mersha 

@mom2four0418   I can only speak for myself.  I saw there was a need for assistance and sent a message to Mellyg that I would be happy to do what I could and she accepted.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418  They volunteered. They weren't chosen.

Esteemed Contributor

I suspect that at some point too many posters, too many posts, too much traffic could become overwhelming and unwieldy for moderators,  no matter how many they have.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum  Excellent point. That thought crossed my mind also.  Facebook has changed and not for the better. That is why many of us object to being forced to go there. 

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Mersha 

@mom2four0418   I can only speak for myself.  I saw there was a need for assistance and sent a message to Mellyg that I would be happy to do what I could and she accepted.

I sent one as well, but never got a response. Thanks!

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Is anyone not coming over to the Proboards?  I'm hoping everyone joins.  

@SharkE  @persiflage  - are you all coming?  I'm just thinking of a few names I haven't seen over there.

Everyone please join proboards!  Smiley Happy

already blocked 3 not putting up with that 'stuff' no more.

WHAT???

@BalletBabe , if someone's posts annoy or upset, you have the ability to block them on melly's site. Hope that

helps.🌸

Respected Contributor

Thanks!

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@mom2four0418  They volunteered. They weren't chosen.

@BoopOMatic @mom2four0418 ,

They are chosen by the owner/Admin of the forum. She has to put in place the various powers/ and roles before anyone can become a mod whether they have volunteered or not.