Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Lately I've been surfing the different sites, looking at winter jackets. This morning I was looking for something in my closet and found a black Land's End jacket much like the ones I've been looking for. I forgot about it because I had gained weight and it was too tight. Well I've lost  weight and I gave it a try, and it fits !! I love the jacket , but even more that I can fit into it again. Have any if you found a " treasure " in you closet that you forgot about ??

@QVCkitty1

Good for you!  That's so nice to find a forgotten treasure and to be able to wear it again. I have so much stuff that I truthfully don't even know the half of what I have.  I am getting ready to retire so I know that I am going to start purging stuff.  It will be hard because I have a love affair of sorts with my clothes!  LOL.  But, the majority of my things are work oriented, so there will be no need to keep most of them.  I have though been trying to "shop my closet" in recent months! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Closet Shopping

[ Edited ]

Well, not forgotten, but a treasure - 

https://www.qvc.com/As-Is-Denim-&-Co.-Reversible-Zip-Front-Faux-F.product.A293943.html?upsh=1&sc=A29...

I bought I think every color in this while they were available.  It is a fabulous vest.  I got them end of season, so I've not had the chance to wear them all, but yesterday I took tags off of the burgundy and new antique rose, and wore the black one to the grocery store.  They've been waiting for me in the front hall closet and I've been carefully fluffing them.

I paid clearance (full reduced) price for a couple, but really, for under $20, and seriously, they are great vests.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

No, I have clothes in two places- our master bedroom closet and the coat closet downstairs.  I know every single item that's in there as I go through everything and purge regularly.

I have a lot of clothes (and only one coat and one jacket), but I don't ever forget about any of them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

No, I have clothes in two places- our master bedroom closet and the coat closet downstairs.  I know every single item that's in there as I go through everything and purge regularly.

I have a lot of clothes (and only one coat and one jacket), but I don't ever forget about any of them.

I also tend to purge regularly so I don't come across anything I've forgotten about.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe it. I was trying to put away the last of my "summer" shoes. We got back from vacation 2 weeks ago and so I still had summer things out.

WELL - I am trying to find space and what do I find about 4 pairs of Vionic slippers, sandals and shoes. I do not remember even buying the shoes. No wonder I don't have room. I bought a bunch of Sketchers and was disappointed and only wore them about 2-3 times, so I packed them away. 

Why didn't I go Closet Shopping before I bought all these shoes?

Esteemed Contributor

This thread truly inspired me!

After my shoe find it dawned on me that I had a pair of lamb leather gloves....somewhere! I found them!

Got them on sale at Dillards, longer length, over the wrist. They will dress up my new BD coat. 😙

Honored Contributor

Well, the coat closet has been gone through.  Got rid of many.....between Theresa and her daughter, think they will be keeping the coats for themselves.....  Now, there were quite a few button up blouses that were in plastic bags that I gave to them....they will pick which ones they want to keep, and those that they don't want, they will be given away to someone that is in need of clothes.....