Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What a crummy business move...    So keep some staff on to help customers... PAY THEM GOOD.

we’ll have reduced phone representative support on Sunday, 5/3.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@SharkElol -  I know some day I will want to shop again, but right now unless I see a stash of disposable masks, I can't imagine what I'd buy.  So happy not to need -  not to need anything in particular, but also not to have the general urge to shop.

In the area where I live with the kinds of social activities I do most often, it could be months before that part of normal returns for me.  And if I'm 99% at home, I have enough clothes for 10 years!

About 10 minutes ago I walked into the bedroom and just stood here looking around and began to imagine what I might wear on my next trip to the supermarket and that's many days away.   Carzy, crazy, I know.

Honored Contributor

just a follow up......the phone customer service representatives will be back up at 7am et on monday. they are not closed all day on monday.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SharkElol -  I know some day I will want to shop again, but right now unless I see a stash of disposable masks, I can't imagine what I'd buy.  So happy not to need -  not to need anything in particular, but also not to have the general urge to shop.

In the area where I live with the kinds of social activities I do most often, it could be months before that part of normal returns for me.  And if I'm 99% at home, I have enough clothes for 10 years!

About 10 minutes ago I walked into the bedroom and just stood here looking around and began to imagine what I might wear on my next trip to the supermarket and that's many days away.   Carzy, crazy, I know.

@millieshops   I have not left the house other than going around the block  on a walk for going on three weeks.  Next week I will venture out to Costco to stock back up on my favorite things... I have not put REAL clothes on for  so long I hope my pants fit. 

Honored Contributor

Q just laid off over 1,000 employees when they closed a distribution center.   Seems to me it's a cash flow problem.

Even if someone works remote, they still get a paycheck.   Q going down to bare bones.

Honored Contributor

Reaching customer service has been all but impossible for a couple of weeks at least. 

They end up dumping the call and you get a busy signal. 

What I don't get is in this day of work at home, how they didin't have thousands of people ready and willing to work from home in CS at least. I don't know where their call centers are of if they have many anymore, but I am amazed how bad CS has been to reach for quiet awhile now.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it has anything to do with the virus.

The Q bit off more than it can chew,imo

and has been going downhill ever since!

Trusted Contributor

I do think it has to do with the virus. Pennsylvania has been hit as hard as any oher state. It might not only be because of a distribution center, but I think it is more that people are also not buying much right now.

Think about the number of unemployed (30 million) shopping at QVC for products that are already priced too high, buying anything is just not the first thing on people's priority list.

Lower buying = lower call volume. There is no question that can't wait until another day. Overnights have been gone for a while (pre-virus) so I also assume they were in trouble already and the virus just took them further down.

I am concerned actually. Andrew Lessman is over on HSN and he keeps repeating "while supplies last" and he has NEVER said that. He always says "I can readjust the quantities if need be to last the day". I am wondering if his plant is not working at full capacity either. This is global too, so I also wonder if he is having trouble getting ingredients.

People are not thinking about vitamins either. Maybe more than clothes and stuff like kitchenware, but still, it goes back to people being in preservation mode. They are scared. It is all a long roll down a hill until people feel safe and for people to get back to work.

It must be tough for QVC/HSN to stay on the air. They are expensive (imo) and people can get their essentials from other places online if their stores are closed or they are afraid to go out.

Honored Contributor

I fail to see this as a problem.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Could they just be looking for a way to cut costs and COVID19 gives them an out.  Put some workers on furlough and operate with a skeleton crew for customer service.   They might also be in a nosedive as far as sales and this was a way to stem the bleeding.