Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning tables counters etc

Valued Contributor

I have granite, so I use dish soap and water on it regularly (several times a day). If anyone eats at it, placemats are used. I use method daily granite cleaner on it at the end of the night (on,y because it doesn't streak. And I get morning sun and it would bug me to see it streaky first thing in the morning).

Esteemed Contributor

Countertops:  dishrag, dish soap and water

My oak tabletops:  Pledge on a soft cloth, or just a soft cloth.  Use tableclothes when we eat.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

We usually eat on our TV trays or our glass table in our sunroom. I wipe them down with dish detergent and follow with Windex.  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom , we are the same way.  It's just DH and me so there is no need to sit at the table and have dinner.  We eat on tv trays and watch the evening news.  If we ever have people over, we us the table.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I have quartz countertops and I was told to use Windex to get them to be shiny.

I have disinfecting wipes I use when I bring in groceries to wipe down all surfaces.

My kitchen table is powder coated metal, so I just use a damp cloth to clean it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

LRe: Cleaning tables counters etc

Lysol multi clean disinfecting liquid. Kills 99.9% of Viruses. I keep it in a dispenser poured from the 48oz. container. I squirt  on my  wet dish cloth, then wipe off again with water. Seems to cut grease also well. I used to use the Windex multi surface.

Honored Contributor

FABULOSO!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

I have granite, so I use dish soap and water on it regularly (several times a day). If anyone eats at it, placemats are used. I use method daily granite cleaner on it at the end of the night (on,y because it doesn't streak. And I get morning sun and it would bug me to see it streaky first thing in the morning).

@Mellyg 

Does Method work well?  I like the Daily Wood cleaner for my wood, but other Method products are just so-so.  I've never tried the granite cleaner.  Do you really like it or is it just so-so?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

@Mellyg 

Does Method work well?  I like the Daily Wood cleaner for my wood, but other Method products are just so-so.  I've never tried the granite cleaner.  Do you really like it or is it just so-so?

@SurferWife 

I've tried a number ofMethod products and (besides the granite) the daily wood and squirt & mop floor cleaner are the only 2 that I continue to use (so I'm not one that raves about all of their products).  I've been consistently using the Method cleaner for a few years and have no complaints; the main reason I like it is because it doesn't streak.  I used Perfect Granite (prior to Method)  and I found that darker counters would look "streaky" in certain lights.  I also tried Wegman granite, I didn't care for it (but I truly don't recall why; it was a while ago).