Honored Contributor

Re: Class Reunions

[ Edited ]

It has been 37 years since I graduated from high school and I only went to my 10th and swore I would never go to another.   I realize at 28 you are still doing crazy things in comparison to 50+  but the whole drunk fest and throwing anyone you could grab into the country club's pool was just insane to this PTA Mom.

Loved high school, drill team, and yes even disco dancing but graduating with 604 people not too many will notice they did not see me attend the 50th.  So I will stay home and read a book.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

NOPE!

Went to my 35th reunion, walked in, saw all these old folks on the dance floor. 

Went back to the lobby to make sure I was in the right room...YUP!

Walked back to the reunion, did not recognize anyone on the dance floor so I sat at the bar.  Smoked a ciggy while nursing my drink & looking around the room.

Walked up the DJ & asked him to play some "booty shaking" music.  DJ told me the reunion organizer told him to play 60's music. icon_exclaim.gif

Finished my ciggy & drink, went out to the lobby & grabbed every HS paraphernalia I could find since I "paid" for it & left.

SIDEBAR:  Had a blast at my 10 yr reunion.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

No, my 10 year reunion was hard enough - nobody looked the same (especially the men).  People I knew for years were no longer funny like they were in high school.  That was enough for me.

Respected Contributor

NO! I went to one and that was more than enough for me. Those people who were my friends, I've kept in touch with. I hope that the rest are all well and happy, but I don't have any interest in seeing them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

So many of my friends have had such a wonderful time – either just going and/or being part of the planning committees.    I love hearing how much fun they have as they gather to work on their committees and how delighted they are with the turnout and with seeing old friends again.   That said, reunions are just not for me.  I am more of a “go forward - not back” person, so I am not really in to reunions and gatherings.  Although I do enjoy hearing about all the fun others have when they attend their events.  I think it is great for those who enjoy them and I also think it is good not to push those who just want to move on.  The world is more interesting because we don’t all enjoy the same things.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Nope, mine was last year, and I had no interest at all in attending.  Last one I did attend was enough for me.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I've never attended a high school class reunion (and we don't even have them anymore) nor did I ever have a desire to attend.  I have several close friends that I still keep in contact with along with a few other friends and acquaintenances that I'm friends with on Facebook.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I can't make a decision that's so far into the future. Will I even be around then? I'm already in touch with the only people I care to be that I knew back then though. 

@Lordie be, as I didn't already have the dreaded mortality shakes. Now I feel as if I am about to crumble into dust any minute. ;-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't really have any desire to.  I've kept in touch with any I wanted to but even those went in different directions in their life so not much common interests. 

Honored Contributor

I am still friends with those from HS I care to keep up with  - same with nursing school and my co workers. I don't do reunions.