Esteemed Contributor

I know....I know....I shouldn't smoke, but I do.....just noticed you can buy cigarettes online....anyone have a website I should use?  Please, no scolding....I feel badly enough about my habit....thanks...

Honored Contributor

My old boss used (probably still does) to buy her cigarettes on line. But I can not at this moment remember the name.

But since I am retired I don't have much contact with her. I will try and find out.  She has bought her cigarettes on line for many years. So it has worked for her. Let me see if I can find out for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

My old boss used (probably still does) to buy her cigarettes on line. But I can not at this moment remember the name.

But since I am retired I don't have much contact with her. I will try and find out.  She has bought her cigarettes on line for many years. So it has worked for her. Let me see if I can find out for you.

thank you....

Honored Contributor

Many tobacco shops that sell on line are not located in the US. Customs will confiscate the products and you will be out of money.

Also, some states do not allow you to buy tobacco products from other states because it is a way to avoid the state tax on tobacco.

Make sure it is legal to buy on line for your state and the online store is in the US.

Honored Contributor

I stopped smoking more than 10 years ago ... but I would stock up when I visited family in WV/VA area.  

They cost about $15.00 PER PACK here now!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Many tobacco shops that sell on line are not located in the US. Customs will confiscate the products and you will be out of money.

Also, some states do not allow you to buy tobacco products from other states because it is a way to avoid the state tax on tobacco.

Make sure it is legal to buy on line for your state and the online store is in the US.

That thought crossed my mind also.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Wow, that is a lot of money.  I am glad I don’t smoke.

My friend’s husband is a PA State Trooper.  He works  in the Department where they stop tobacco and alcohol from crossing into PA for resale.

I’ve heard stories of tracker trailer loads of cigarettes that are confiscated and destroyed and even a passenger cars with a couple of cases of alcohol meant for a wedding reception or party that gets taken and poured out.  The drivers get a fine and then they are out of all that money they paid for the goods too.

These products are less expensive in Maryland so people go there to buy in bulk. Many get caught.  

Honored Contributor

If you go to TRUSTPILOT dot com and search 'cigarettes' then you may be able to find a place on-line that people have reviewed. This might give you an idea of whether or not an on-line store is legit and trustworthy. 

Valued Contributor

Did you try the reservations? Don't know if they do online, maybe over the phone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cigarettes..

[ Edited ]

I dont know about online buying, but when I smoked (I quit), and the prices kept going up, I went locally to smoke shops and got my own tobacco and papers and rolled them myself because it was cheaper. But like I said I quit 8 years back (and btw I still miss smoking to this day when my nerves get the best of me). 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles