Respected Contributor

I have no idea which areas of the country might be affected. I am not a fan of the sound they make.

1. IMG_1255.jpeg
Trusted Contributor

I think they are already here in southern Delaware.

One of the recent warmer evenings, they were partying hard.  I video'd their sounds and sent it to my nephew.  His reaction was "WTH?".  Even with the doors/windows shut, I could hear them late into the evening.  And it's only April.

Trusted Contributor

Yikes, I hope I don't encounter any, just looking at them gives me the creeps😒!

Honored Contributor

I realize they're harmless, but I hate when they fly in your face accidently and even if I step on one by accident.  I haven't seen them yet in the metro-DC area, but we sure have had them in the past.

Respected Contributor

@On It Thanks for that tidbit. Fortunately it doesn't seem like they will be making their way down to South Florida.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

They're coming soon in Chicago 😲

Honored Contributor

Years ago when we lived in NJ we had them.  They were loud and big!  I can remeember them covering a tree that we had in the backyard.

I've never seen them here in our community and we've been here over thirty years.  Fingers crossed they haven't arrived in this location!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cicada Storm

[ Edited ]

I read somewhere that this year's cicada emergence will be one for the books...historical.

From google:

"How bad will cicadas be in 2024?

For the first time in 221 years, all seven periodical cicada species will emerge at the same time. Illinois and Missouri will see the largest concentration of cicadas. You can expect to start seeing the 2024 cicadas at the end of May. The oncoming brood of cicadas will not harm humans or pets.3 days ago"
Honored Contributor

Have not seen any in many years,but do remember as a kid seeing them,long time ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

They're coming soon in Chicago 😲

@Bri369   

And, I can tell you "firsthand"...they've been there before !!!   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥