Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas tree opinion?

[ Edited ]

One section on mine went out when I put mine up last year so I just went out and bought lights.  I didn't plug any of the original in and strung many rmore lights on the tree than it origianlly had. This year I'm doing the same and will save up to get the perfect tree next year as each year the trees get better and better and I'm never going to settle and spend money I hadn't intended on just to get a new one spur of the moment!  Then next year end up regretting  that i hadn't waited after seeing something I really want.

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago I decided I didn't want the 6 foot tree anymore, artificial and the kind you had to put all the branches into the trunk.  I made my husband take the center pole and cut two feet off it.  

Now all I do is put the ornaments on it.  I leave it assembled, leave the lights on it and we put it into one of those really big bags that contractors use on construction sites.

My own pre-lit tree because the lights were always my least favorite part of decorating!

Honored Contributor

I would not want to spend the money for another pre -lit artificial tree, besides a real tree is so much better,yes the needles will fall,but to me a real tree is just what i like.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

There are too many replies to read them all, and you've probably decided what to do by now, but I'd get a few strings of lights.  My tree was prelit with white lights.  I got a bunch of multi-colored lights (with a special way of only the pink lights flickering, I forget what they called it) and added them.  It looks much better that way.  After the decorations go up, you can't see the wiring for the lights anyway.

I have another tree that was prelit, but the lights went out.  I removed them from the tree and added lights bought from the stores.  It looks great, though I haven't been using it since I got the new tree.  Maybe one of these years I'll actually have two trees in my house.