Honored Contributor

I’d much rather see the owl than the sack of praying mantis eggs, or other bugs 

Honored Contributor

The way he's nestled into the branches looks fake to me.

I can't imagine him staying in that tree through all it went through before they finally brought it home.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I can't imagine him staying in that tree through all it went through before they finally brought it home.

I can't imagine either!...I agree this does seem fake....plus how long is he going to stay as a guest?  Will he remain in the same spot through Christmas & New years?  Never has to eat or go?  Hmmmm I wouldn't want to be the one to have to remove it from the tree & my house!

Esteemed Contributor

I have cats, so I would've gently picked it up, and placed it outside, and let it fly away.

"Miricle"? No, not a miricle.

But it is a surprise.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Surprise

[ Edited ]

I saw a video about this on Facebook today.  It didn't go into all the detail that the article you posted did.  That is so interesting.  It would have really freaked me out.

Edited to say:  I just read the rest of the replies.  I don't understand how it stayed in the tree on the ride home either.  I always put the tree on the roof of my car.  How else would you get it home?  Why wouldn't the owl have just flown away?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I would have had a heart attack!  I am afraid of birds...in fact anything with feathers.  When I was a child my grandparents lived on a farm and you would have thought  the Old McDonald song was written about them.  They had every farm animal known to man.  A male turkey charged me and knocked me down.  I don't know if that is where the fear came from but I have panic attacks if around anything with feathers.  Thank goodness the family was ok with the owl and got help getting it out safely.  I have heard of snakes being coiled up in Christmas trees.  I guess it was warm in the house and the snake came out.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I can't imagine either!...I agree this does seem fake....plus how long is he going to stay as a guest?  Will he remain in the same spot through Christmas & New years?  Never has to eat or go?  Hmmmm I wouldn't want to be the one to have to remove it from the tree & my house!

I agree..I believe the picture of an owl has been “added” to the picture of the tree.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm not an owl birdmama, but I know a fake owl when I see one Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Looks like it was photoshopped into the pic.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Looks like it was photoshopped into the pic.

and not done well