Honored Contributor

Well, I was going to post about the snowblower, but it's been removed.

All I was going to say is that I bought the one last year.

It sat in my foyer for a year now (not even put together).

We didn't get enough snow last year in Virginia for me to even try it.

I have a 200 ft long drivway.  When I was young(er) I used to clear it all with an ordinary shovel.

Now I have a friend who owns the big professional John Deer snow removel machine.  

He does my driveway in a few minutes.

I bought it last year because I thought it might be fun to do just the sidewalk.

I don't use the sidewalk because I park in the garage.

I can see where the thing comes in handy...errr...maybe it will if (I'm whispering...so Santa doesn't hear me and bring snow for Christmas)...

Santa (I'm yelling now) Do you hear me, it's Annabelle....Santa...I won't mind at all if that snowblower thingy that's sitting in the foyer spends another year sitting in the foyer unused...Santa..it won't hurt my feeling at all... It can sit there till He(double hocky sticks) freezes over...Ya' hear me big man?"

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Snowblower 12/22/2019

I got the blower last year, and live in VA. We only had a dusting so I bought it and never used it. The battery is probably dead now, will need to charge it. 
  I can't ski any more so don't want snow!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

We had a snow joe snowblower when we lived in Minnesota. Our neighbors made fun of DH due to it’s small size. The snow joe did the job well. The neighbors couldn’t believe the amount of snow that it would move. We had the actual snowblower as opposed to the special today.

Have you thought of donating yours?

Esteemed Contributor

If Santa doesn't hear you - I do.  I bought a much larger machine - electric after becoming single again.  Hired snow plow drivers don't like to get out of warm w/stero playing cab for the little issues.  In 5 or 6 years I've only used this power machine twice for heavy cement type snow.  Plenty of room in garage for storage so its happy - and I am too.  Plug it in and it's ready to go if needed.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt No way am I going to donate it.

Why?  Well, the minute I do, it will snow like hell...sorry, to use that word, but I know it will.

Yes, I agree, the battery is probably dead.  I should go charge it...I hope I can find all of the parts.  

The girl who 'organizes' my "stuff" moves everything so I know part of it is in the foyer (I've tripped over it enough times) but I don't know if everything is together.

I went to use the leaf blower and I had to call her to ask her where she'd put it.

I constantly call her to find things around my house!  Even and especially things I've moved.

I always overlook everything.  Right now I'm apologizing to Bill because his favorite toy has run out of juice and I can't find the box that holds the cord to recharge it.

When my friends came over to get a humidifier, they looked but they didn't know what they were looking for...

So, I can't donate it just yet...I don't want it to snow.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers My daughter broke her knee skiing near the end of the season last year.

You made me think of her (you said you could no longer ski).

She has been gradually getting back out on the slopes.  Spends every weekend skiing.

I'm such a ding bat.  She posted today something about skiing on the green and I thought she was skiing on the grass!

She had to have an operation and everything, it was really bad.  The Dr who operated on her in Vale was the same Dr who operates on the Olympic ski team.

I told her she picked a good place to wreck.

She skiis everywhere from Colorado west.  She'd just come back from Wyoming and the week before New Mexico so this was the place to do it.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had to give it up.  I understand some people love and live to ski.

She actually broke up with a guy because he didn't ski.  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

DH said even the dustings in IL would be too much for this, plus the S&H is crazy.  almost $16

HSH has a plug-in for $130 free S&H  21" path

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  I hope your daughters knee does well. I tore the ACL from the bone about 18 years ago, had to have two surgeries and it's fine. 
  I did it in Steamboat Springs after a blizzard and had to return the next day to VA. My husband was great help but said he would do it only once,HA! Now I don't have him to help me. 
  Now I walk the dogs and am careful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 It wasn't me.......nor I ........who suggested you donate your snow joe.  Believe it was butterfly.  I would not - will not - donate my machine until or unless I no longer own property.  200 inches of snow one year............it's possible again.

Respected Contributor

We got the snowblower a few years ago and put it together right away (or it would have sat in its box like yours). We've used it's few times since then and are glad we got it. It works really well on snowfall up to about 10". We've used it on accumulations over a foot, but had to do 2 passes. It's perfect for us to shovel our sidewalks - we recouped the cost of our snowblower after a few uses. It's easy to use - we actually fight over who gets to use it. I assembled it myself. The hardest part of the assembly was getting up and down on the floor. 😉  It's definitely worth persuading Santa to send an elf over to assemble it for you.