Valued Contributor

I find each year harder to decide what to give as gifts. I want to be practical on how much I spend and on how much I give. What do you give to families who live out of state and you have no idea what they need and who have everything they need? I spend a ton on shipping by itself.

My husband likes to give something to all the kids who are all married and have kids of their own and I say it is time to stop the madness and either draw names or forget the gift giving and go with just the grand kids.

I do like to give gifts and shop for gifts but it is hard to come up with something decent without spending a fortune. I find the guys the hardest to buy for.

I know everyone likes something to open and it is fun to do but what are some of the best things you find to give that are a big hit?

Our daughter and her family is the easiest to buy for because they live in town and just down the street. I see and know what they need or would like but the others are out of state and they do not offer many ideas and make more money than we do.

How do you decide how much is enough?