Esteemed Contributor

Christmas Day Programming

[ Edited ]

Are the Christmas Day shows all prerecorded of presentations?  No family parts? No music as they usually have??

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Day Programming

I am really enjoying Meredith's cooking basics shows on right now!

Esteemed Contributor

I checked in to see what they had on and it was prerecorded Susan Graver selling a sweater. No thanks and put on Michael Bublae.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

my satellite is out due to snow...I was wondering about the programming on the  Q,looks like I am not missing anything LOL...  trying to find a movie on netflix

Respected Contributor

I think it's dreadful this year. It's basically what they've been showing for a while, other than some clips of that parade. It would have been nice if they had done something similar to other years, like film the hosts doing something special for Christmas, like baking, showing Christmas decorations, etc.
Respected Contributor

This years program for forced time off on Christmas day... I give them a D - for programing.  

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

This years program for forced time off on Christmas day... I give them a D - for programing.  

That's about the same grade I'd give them for the lead up to Christmas as well... Come to think of it, pretty much for the whole year... It's not what it used to be no matter when you watch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

The "Entertainment" has been cut no doubt due to company cut backs. I enjoy the cooking stuff. Nothing else really this year.

Esteemed Contributor

As with all their programming ....it was so repetitive...I tried watching...and there was David showing Kitchen Aid...Spurtles ...etc....then there was Susan Graver...ugh...Shawn doing "interviews"....and so it goes....

The only thing I did enjoy was Amy floating around asking women different questions...at least she was in many cities and states...that was refreshing....

However after the first viewing...everytime i tuned in afterwards...it was the same stuff over and over...

Why not bring out the old ones they once did...I would have loved to see Joan Rivers reading a book to children...Rick cooking with his children...Antonella cooking with her children...

Lisa and Dave King singing Baby its cold outside...

There were so many "oldies" that would be a joy to see once again...surely in that short amout of time they were off...with all the old footage nothing would have had to be repeated...

Okay....off my soapbox....

Respected Contributor

I agree, Circles. After going through the channels again last night, I got to QVC and thr Blue Jean Chef was on there. She was preparing different food for a meal and kept referencing Thanksgiving. Sorry QVC, that's pathetic. Like I mentioned in another post, these little snippets should have revolved around the current holiday. Show some clips like pervious years with them doing family recipes for Christmas time and other activities appropriate for the season. Some old bloopers and fun stuff from the past would be entertaining too. With the drivel yesterday, they may have well just have had pics of different products on air all day without showing host/guests etc, because overall it seemed like business as usual.