Super Contributor

So maddening!  I just had a  delivery from Chewy today.  Drs Foster and Smith sold to Petco some time ago!!  That is one of my other go to's for pet food along with Petflow.

Honored Contributor

FReshPrinceNooooo1.gif

I received an order from them this morning.  Chewy has fast shipping 24-48 hrs & there is no s&h or taxes! 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at Tue, Apr 18, 2017-3.52.40 PM.pngfaint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I know ,i just love them, i saw this on fb,and just was shocked.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

I suspected something was going on with Chewy.com.  We live in Texas, and until a few weeks ago, we did not pay sales tax on our orders. Then suddenly we do.  Hubby called and was told they now have a location in Texas.  I hate to hear this.

Honored Contributor

I've recently heard of chewy.com for the first time.  They've been advertising on our local TV station but have said nothing about  selling out  to Petsmart.  We buy locally for Alfie (our cairn terrier).

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Is selling to petsmart!!!!

******. That's the end of them. I liked the "run by owners" touch. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Oh I hope they will still carry my Nylabone Wishbones! Chewy has the best price for these and they are hard to find anywhere.

@SilleeMee

Did you know Nylabones were recalled a while ago?

Honored Contributor

I am on auto delivery for Good Buddy rawhide 3" chew sticks, but if the cost goes up, back to Vitacost which is where I bought them before.

It seems every time something good comes along, it doesn't last long.  Whenever I would find a restaurant where the food was really good, it would close.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Oh I hope they will still carry my Nylabone Wishbones! Chewy has the best price for these and they are hard to find anywhere.

@SilleeMee

Did you know Nylabones were recalled a while ago?

I believe those were the puppy starter kits which are edible. The ones I buy are made of nylon and are not the edible kind. @MalteseMomma

Respected Contributor

It may not turn out so badly. When Walmart acquired Jet I braced myself for a culture change and all kinds of negative stuff. Only sad thing is they're retiring their JetCash program, which netted me 20% rebates to my JetCash account for every QVC purchase I made last year. It's down to 6.4% until May, when the program closes.

On the positive side, Walmart reduced its minimum order floor for free shipping from $50 to $35 after the acquisition, which is what Jet's had been and remains.

So maybe Chewy won't change for the worse. Maybe the ownership change will improve Petsmart in some way.

FYI, folks, Dr. Foster and Smith is offering pretty nice gift certificate bonuses when you sign up for autodelivery with some of the products it sells on AD. There are some restrictions, like you can't pay for an autodelivery with that gift certificate, but it may be worth looking into. One warning: As with all autodeliveries from sources with dynamic pricing, including Chewy, Drs. F&S, and Amazon, check the going rate of the product right before it's due to ship and cancel or postpone the shipment if it's too high.