Honored Contributor

Is selling to petsmart!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I wonder what that will mean for the website.  I order my dog food from there.  I hope they'll continue to carry the same brands.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I hate to see this happen. I have an auto-ship account with Chewy.com, it is so much cheaper than Petsmart, and more convenient. I will bet the prices of everything at Chewy will go up. With 6 cats and a large dog, I really appreciate the low prices and great selection at Chewy.

We have a Petsmart, Petco, PetLand and Pet Supermarket here, and they all seem to do a good business, but the prices are very steep compared to Chewy.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

That's a bummer! Smiley Sad  I love Chewy.com!

Honored Contributor

Oh I hope they will still carry my Nylabone Wishbones! Chewy has the best price for these and they are hard to find anywhere.

Respected Contributor

OH NO!!! I love Chewy

New Contributor
I have also used Jet.com, prices are very comparable to Chewy, you can also do a little grocery shopping to, and free shipping starts at 35.00.
Honored Contributor

Hopefully things won't change too much - especially their prices.

From Forbes:

According to the release from PetSmart, Cohen will remain at Chewy as CEO and Chewy will “operate largely as an independent subsidiary.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2017/04/18/fast-growing-pet-product-upstart-chewy-is-selling...

Honored Contributor

Uh-oh.  I sure hope the top-notch service doesn't change.  I just placed an order today.  

Trusted Contributor

It is so disappointing that so many of these wonderful alternative companies in pet care/pet food – the ones that get started because they really do care and are also really unhappy with the big companies – ultimately wind up selling out to the big companies. Business has always been like this I guess. I really liked Chewy and its good pricing & wonderful customer service.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.