Esteemed Contributor

Just got an email about a polyester chenille cardigan tsv....i remember having a problem with chenille shedding a lot.....but that was a few years ago.....anyone have newer chenille pieces without this problem....thanks.....

Regular Contributor

I've had a couple of previous Denim & Co. several years ago.  I found them to be very soft and never had trouble shedding. 

Honored Contributor

@nana59    I remember that shedding chenille but I think they've really improved the way they make them.  I just received a D&C chenille sweater that looks and feels heavenly.  What line is the TSV?  Do you have an item number?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was just wearing a cute denim and co. chenille zip hoodie with matching sleeveless shell the other day, and it was not shedding. I forgot I had that set. It is from the good old days when the designers of denim and co. had really nice taste for quality, fresh, yet classic pieces. I also found a denim and co. coatI had forgotten about from several years ago. Wonderful quality, Black twill, really cute on the body, with zipper plus metal fasteners, the name of which I cannot recall. I think if them as what one might find on a child’s slicker. Sorry for going off topic a bit, but denim and co. musthave changed designers at some point because I don’t see such well made, fresh, preppy pieces anymore.

As for the upcoming chenillevsweater tsv, it doesn’t look too bad, but the open front without even one button makes it an easy pass for me. I hate always having to grab a sweater to keep it closed. No closure makes it impractical and sloppy on me.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Denim & Co

Comes in regular A311580 & petite A311581

Honored Contributor

Thanks a lot, @haddon9.  I probably don't need that.

@libbyannE.  I've been extremely disappointed in the fall offering of Denim & Co. clothing.  It seems like they just reordered the same old tunics in the same colors.  Then there are the prints most of which look like they belong on an old lady's sofa.  I love prints but most of what I've seen I wouldn't wear on a bet.  I think Gary has been on an extended vacation....at least mentally.  People beg for certain basic styles of jeans but they never materialize.  I think I've ordered one D&Co. top but quite a bit from Martha, Isaac, and WWC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Once I bought a chenille sweater and wore over a white blouse.  When I got hot and tried to take it off at work,  OMG......the blouse was covered in shedded chenille.....I washed it and washed it and it still shed.  I guess that is why I cringe at the name.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the poster that has the older denim and company chenille pieces, i have a sweater from probably 15yrs. ago or longer, it is good quality, had two actually, no one has good quality any more.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I actually still have one of D&C's original 2 piece chenille cardigan and shell.  The few times I've worn it, I found it to be comfortable but it did shed some.  You really have to be careful of it 'catching' on things as well.   It looks exactly like the same sweater but I bought it for less than the TSV price and got another piece with it.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

I saw that. Thinking about it ... the olive?, or the black?.

The D&C chenille tunic length sweater that came out just a few weeks ago did get good reviews I noticed. I am still thinking on that one .., like that is has a subtle pattern on the front,

I do not mind the cardigans without buttons, I figure on a colder or a real windy day, I already have plenty to choose from with buttons for that. The no buttons/button holes just give it a more clean look. And, of course, one with can always belt it also if you like that look.

Chenille is pretty and soft. A nice hi/lo effect in the fabric ... well now, given that thought, the olive it is for me!

Would also be a nice 🎁 for that cardi lover on your list!

Plus, with the extended return policy in place, any shedding issues whatsoever will definitely be noticed in plenty of time for a refund. 

-Texas Hill Country-