Regular Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Just got an email about a polyester chenille cardigan tsv....i remember having a problem with chenille shedding a lot.....but that was a few years ago.....anyone have newer chenille pieces without this problem....thanks.....

I remember many years ago my husband put a chenile sweater of mine ladies size large in the wash on warm water with some items of his it turned into a size 2 toddler no kidding

Honored Contributor

No buttons means I can lay it over me on the plane when it is freezing. Just can't decide on the color

Honored Contributor

I have a D&C chenille sweater from years and years ago; it was a button-up, with pockets and I liked it so much I bought it in three colors.

I was just looking at one of them yesterday (sorting summer from winter clothes) and thought that it still looks like new.  And believe me, I wore/wear them a lot!  They wash and dry beautifully.

I have other chenille sweaters that I loved, but that wore thin in places eventually, although I can't say I ever had a real problem with shedding while wearing them.

I looked at the chenille TSV and much as I love the style and colors, I just don't need another one.  I'm trying to downsize.  Not making much progress, but I'm trying!

Valued Contributor

I think it looks too long. Even the petite looks long.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nana59    I remember that shedding chenille but I think they've really improved the way they make them.  I just received a D&C chenille sweater that looks and feels heavenly.  What line is the TSV?  Do you have an item number?

A341604.....

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the blush rose and plan to wear it w/a burgundy blouse.  Haven't had a chenille sweater in ages.  Hope I like it.

Honored Contributor

As I've said somewhere else (twice), I like it!

Beautiful colors, and excellent price.

Like the length; sort of a lightweight 'sweater-coat'.

The beautiful hue of olive green is calling my name, although I'd love to have all of the colors. I'll have to check if there is an easy-pay option.

The light pink blush can be worn almost all year around in some areas, and definitely during Spring/early Summer.

Great TSV, D&Co.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Re: Chenille TSV

[ Edited ]

I'm not at all impressed with this sweater. My mother bought the olive and burgandy in XL petite and they came today. They're very thin and stretchy. I think they run big compared to other QVC clothes in XL. Like most sleeves these days she had to roll the cuffs up all the way because they're way too long. She's sending both back. 

I laid out the cardigan to measure the chest- it was exactly 52". QVC's chart says an XL is 44.5-46.5.

https://www.qvc.com/content/fashion/clothing-size-chart-fit-guide.html

Respected Contributor

@TTerri wrote:

I'm not at all impressed with this sweater. My mother bought the olive and burgandy in XL petite and they came today. They're very thin and stretchy. I think they run big compared to other QVC clothes in XL. Like most sleeves these days she had to roll the cuffs up all the way because they're way too long. She's sending both back. 

I laid out the cardigan to measure the chest- it was exactly 52". QVC's chart says an XL is 44.5-46.5.

https://www.qvc.com/content/fashion/clothing-size-chart-fit-guide.html

I think(?) you're mixing garment measurements (what you measured) with body measurements (from the chart). If I'm reading the "click here" measurements correctly (and I'm not certain I am!), the Petite XL chest should be 51.5" (pretty close to what you measured).

Regular Contributor

I just received the olive chenille tvs, and so far, it's very warm and cozy. No sign of shedding, but I haven't had it for very long. Nice and soft, too.