Esteemed Contributor

Re: Check Your Pockets ! 😀

That's a Smiley Happy find! All I ever get are tissues (clean) and lipstick!

Honored Contributor

I never find any money in my pockets.  But, if I need "poop bags" to walk the dog, there are usually several in my coat pocket, no matter which coat I wear.

After my mother passed, my sisters and I were going through her things to donate.  My mother had a faux fur coat that was quite expensive and new.  Since my mother and I were about the same size, my sisters wanted me to take the coat.

Faux fur is not my style, so I didn't want it.  My sisters begged me to just try it on.  I finally did.  I was twirling in the coat and put my hands into the pockets.

I discovered my mother's safe hiding place.  She had $5000 rolled up in the pockets.

Thankfully, we didn't donate the coat and the money. 

Always check the pockets before donating.

Honored Contributor

Most of the time what I have in my pockets are a couple nuts for the squirrels.   

If I accidentally wash something with nuts in the pockets, I have learned that the squirrels will still eat them!  LOL.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I never find any money in my pockets.  But, if I need "poop bags" to walk the dog, there are usually several in my coat pocket, no matter which coat I wear.

After my mother passed, my sisters and I were going through her things to donate.  My mother had a faux fur coat that was quite expensive and new.  Since my mother and I were about the same size, my sisters wanted me to take the coat.

Faux fur is not my style, so I didn't want it.  My sisters begged me to just try it on.  I finally did.  I was twirling in the coat and put my hands into the pockets.

I discovered my mother's safe hiding place.  She had $5000 rolled up in the pockets.

Thankfully, we didn't donate the coat and the money. 

Always check the pockets before donating.

@Carmie,My mom hid money attached underneath her placemats that were stacked in a linen closet.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2   My father hid money and important paperwork in the suspended ceiling.  He would just move a tile and place whatever up there. He did that for years.

One day, he called my house looking for my husband.  He said he needed to come ASAP.

When my DH got there, the ceiling had collapsed and there was money and paper everywhere in the dining room.  We had to collect everything and clean up the mess.  My DH spent a few hours later in the week fixing the ceiling.  

When my father passed, we had to check everywhere to look for money before we sold the place.  I'll bet someday somebody is going to find a stash we missed.

I think people of that era hid money in their homes.  They used the bank, but felt comfortable keeping cash in the house.

My DH keeps cash in the house too, but in a safe.

Honored Contributor

Mine are not very deep at the moment.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@tiny 2   My father hid money and important paperwork in the suspended ceiling.  He would just move a tile and place whatever up there. He did that for years.

One day, he called my house looking for my husband.  He said he needed to come ASAP.

When my DH got there, the ceiling had collapsed and there was money and paper everywhere in the dining room.  We had to collect everything and clean up the mess.  My DH spent a few hours later in the week fixing the ceiling.  

When my father passed, we had to check everywhere to look for money before we sold the place.  I'll bet someday somebody is going to find a stash we missed.

I think people of that era hid money in their homes.  They used the bank, but felt comfortable keeping cash in the house.

My DH keeps cash in the house too, but in a safe.

@Carmie, We had a guy in our area that hid money in the open area under the washing machine.

Honored Contributor

I love when I find money I have hidden away. It's not really found money as it's my money, but it's nice to find a few dollars you forgot about. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Good for you!   This reminds me of what my momma would say.   If you gift a coat or purse you should give the person a starter (money) for good luck in their journey.

Esteemed Contributor

I once found a $100 bill in a coat pocket.  I was beside myself with joy.

Today, I found $12.00 in a purse pocket.  Yay me!