Esteemed Contributor

They had a variety of four wick Harry Slatkin candles in a variety of holiday scents today at Marshall's for $16,99.  I never tried his candles before so I picked one up.  Just lit Sleigh Ride and it smells great.

Respected Contributor

I love Harry's candles and have a gigantic stash right now.  Sometimes I get lucky and see a "as is" set of 2 for around $31.00 right here at the Q.  They are brand new when they arrive.

You got a good deal and the "sleigh ride", I haven't heard of before.  What does it smell like?

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

They had a variety of four wick Harry Slatkin candles in a variety of holiday scents today at Marshall's for $16,99.  I never tried his candles before so I picked one up.  Just lit Sleigh Ride and it smells great.

@Biftu   I just bought this candle, and others, on the Homeworx site for the same price.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

I love Harry's candles and have a gigantic stash right now.  Sometimes I get lucky and see a "as is" set of 2 for around $31.00 right here at the Q.  They are brand new when they arrive.

You got a good deal and the "sleigh ride", I haven't heard of before.  What does it smell like?

@kittykatkay  Unlike Harry Slatkin I have no talent describing the scent.  All I can say is it smells like Christmas. 

Never thought of looking for these candles on "as is."  That's a good price if you got free shipping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin Fans

[ Edited ]

Last week prior to thksgivg, we did much of our shopping at Aldi's. Found THE  BEST aromas in candle brand called "Huntington Home".  This time of year I'm always in the hunt for nice candles with GREAT aromas and scents to them mostly in the balsam fir category. 

I was ecstatic when I checked out this brand there. They're large 3-wicks much like so many brands out there that have no scents or just horrible scents to them. Harry S candles certainly fall in this category. Kohls sells his candles, I've spent a lot of time opening, smelling, returning his candles because either they all smell the same, they don't smell at all of anything or they just plain stink badly and are very pricey too.

Ever since BBW stopped making their wonderful candles big or small, I've yet to find any other brand that offers the BEST fragrances.

This new brand for me at least, 'Huntington Home' scents are great.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu  I found Spiced Gingersnap at TJ Maxx for $16.99...smells divine. I love Harry's candles and have a ton of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I found Homeworx  by Slatkin & Co   called Fresh cut Fir 3 wick candle at Home Goods .

It is really scented  iced pine,frosted greens, cedarwood, fir balsam  . The scent fill my house.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOODwrote:

Last week prior to thksgivg, we did much of our shopping at Aldi's. Found THE BEST aromas in candle brand called "Huntington Home". This time of year I'm always in the hunt for nice candles with GREAT aromas and scents to them mostly in the balsam fir category.

I was ecstatic when I checked out this brand there. They're large 3-wicks much like so many brands out there that have no scents or just horrible scents to them. Harry S candles certainly fall in this category. Kohls sells his candles, I've spent a lot of time opening, smelling, returning his candles because either they all smell the same, they don't smell at all of anything or they just plain stink badly and are very pricey too.

Ever since BBW stopped making their wonderful candles big or small, I've yet to find any other brand that offers the BEST fragrances.

This new brand for me at least, 'Huntington Home' scents are great.

BBW makes candles still. In fact they will be having the Annual Candle Day Event Friday Dec 1 & Saturday Dec 2nd. They also still have the single wick candles....on sale today for 6.25 each. I

HTH

Respected Contributor

Just went to BBW to score some sale candles and I have to wait in a "virtual line". Never seen this before. Not very friendly. They will email me when it's ok to shop......nah, Pass.

Trusted Contributor

@silkykwrote:

Just went to BBW to score some sale candles and I have to wait in a "virtual line". Never seen this before. Not very friendly. They will email me when it's ok to shop......nah, Pass.

I believe they do that so that their system doesn't crash - there are so many wanting to order. I logged in last night at 8:45 and had to wait to order. They let you know the approximate wait time - mine was "at least 90 minutes" and I was able to get on at 10:25. They also give you the option of giving them your email and they will notify you when you can shop.

Candle Day is a big deal every year. I only ordered 5 but my granddaughter a huge amount. Don't know what she does with so many but she claims she has one from a few years back that is worth $$. Why? I dunno lol.