Trusted Contributor

Re: Check Your Bank Account......

@Cakers3  I use my Visa credit card only when making purchases online.

I check my banking app on my phone daily.

Yesterday, when a poster wrote that the Q was double dipping, I checked my account with my bank on my phone.

There was a charge I didn't recognize.  It was for an order I placed on 12/23 with QVC.

I only use the pay in full option, never ez pay, I was concerned.

After sending an email to customer care at QVC, they admitted it was a "glitch" in their finance dept. and the charge will be dropped from my bank account.

It infuriated me so much that I deleted all my credit card info from this website, and probably won't be purchasing from them in the future.

Hope this post makes sense.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1   The very few times I shop the Q I removed my CC info as soon as the charge hits my credit card.

It's really getting bad, not just at the Q but elsewhere.

I've been hearing about people who lost their homes when hackers used their property deed as collateral for purchases.  Now it could be a way for a company to scare people into buying their "protection" like LIfe Lock-I don't know.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I pay via Paypal and I've not had this issue and I did have easypayments on those 2 days in question.  I did not have those easy payments duplicated this month.

Honored Contributor

I think the QVC site is definitely a nightmare waiting to happen!

1) Saturday I tried to place order using my CC on file.  After several attempts of system freezing, etc. came back card needs "update".  The expiration on none of my cards on file expired.

Yet, would not allow payment.  Therefore, I updated the main card I use....

Sunday at 6:45am I got text a merchant had charged my account $1 (the card I updated).  I contacted them as I did not know the merchant asking for the charge.  

Great...this CC was hacked!!!😡 This CC is only used (on file) at QVC and I haven't used this card anywhere else.

🤔 the order I placed never went through🤔.  Coincidence???( No other Q charges were posted)

• My bank account was charged several hundred dollars on easy payments that had been paid off. I called QVC last Friday and was told there was a glitch and it would be cleared up by Monday. Well, it wasn’t and now I am out a couple of hundred dollars. Now QVC is saying it could take 10 days to clear up the issue. Not cool! After being a QVC customer for many years I am done! Customers should have been informed of the issue. I will never order from QVC again!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up BTS!  I'll keep my eyes peeled-

Respected Contributor

As of today, the disputed charge has not been removed as promised.....they don't even want to deal with me first thing tomorrow morning...are you kidding me????

Honored Contributor

System problem = hacker??

Trusted Contributor

@shardrigg,

when I saw the EZ pays on my Chase Amazon cc, I tried to find the order #s associated with those charges.  None came up.  I didn't even bother to call Q.  I called Chase & reported unauthorized charges on my Amazon card.  I wasn't going to waste my time with Q after reading everyone being given the runaround.

Because the charges were "pending", Chase could not do anything at that time.  I did not get a chance to look at my account yesterday.  When I went on today, those charges had hit my account and were now credited.

I also removed that card from my account information on this site.  The only card now available is my Q card.  And I'll be watching that one very carefully.

Respected Contributor

As of this morning, I am happy to report the charge has been credited back to my account, whew!  I would have ended up on the 6 o'clock news if it hadn't been, lol.