Respected Contributor

Re: Check Out Angel (Quacker)

My comment was for Greenhouse, don't know why I could not quote.

Respected Contributor

I don't even wear QF but I think Angel is simply fabulous. No matter what her size or hairstyle! Smart, talented, sweet and funny. We should ALL be so lucky.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I like her new look.  She seems happy about it, which is what's important. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Her face looks so different to me being thinner.  I think her hair looked dreadful on the midnight show - very limp and not styled.  She needs more body and fullness to her hair!  Where are all those helpful QVC hair products when she needs them?

ITA Angel is very sweet and passionate but was not blessed with good hair...maybe Chaz or Nick can help her but I think she really needs extensions or a hairpiece; she would look ravishing with an upsweep and soft tendrils.  My husband is a hair dresser and even commented.  Not being cruel...Angel is one of the best even tho I wear little QF, I do tube in sometimes....but waiting for RofT. 

Angel does sometimes wear some sort of "hairpiece" when she puts her hair up in the back (I think it was one of the brands sold on the Q) -- I've heard her mention it before.

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:
 Maybe trying on gowns at Davids caused a change.  All sizes are there but you see very chic, thin NYC women coming out of Davids.  When I worked in NYC, Davids was close by and I noticed most of their clientele were very slender....

@Stray No, she isn't trying on gowns at David's but rather at Dennis'.  Dennis Basso offered to make her dress when she announced her engagement.  Angel herslef told us that when she was announcing it.  Must be nice....  

Respected Contributor

I was pretty surprised at her hair last night......never noticed how thin it was.

I wonder if her weight loss had something to do witth the hair loss.....also some BP meds exacerbate hair loss.  

I'm sure she will look beautiful on her wedding day.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Valued Contributor

Angel looks good but I don't think she should lose more weight. Her face will start to look gaunt. Her hair is looking bad and I wonder if shes on some kind of meds that have affected her hair. Don't know.  My DD and her husband did the same thing, just before their wedding went on some kooky diet with meds, lost a lot of weight, looked great, BUT within months after wedding, the weight plus more came back!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:
 Maybe trying on gowns at Davids caused a change.  All sizes are there but you see very chic, thin NYC women coming out of Davids.  When I worked in NYC, Davids was close by and I noticed most of their clientele were very slender....

@Stray No, she isn't trying on gowns at David's but rather at Dennis'.  Dennis Basso offered to make her dress when she announced her engagement.  Angel herslef told us that when she was announcing it.  Must be nice....  

This is funny.  I swear Angel said she got her dress at Kleinfelds and it was a DB gown.

ETA:  I knew I wasn't going crazy.  LOL  Angel wrote a blog about her dress shopping.  She said DB told her he wanted her to wear one of his dresses from his collection sold at Kleinfelds and that is where she got her gown.  She blogged all about her wonderful shopping experience at the store. 

Honored Contributor

I DVR a lot of the Quacker shows because I just love to watch Angel as a vendor! I did watch last night at midnight, and when the camera panned the models and she was standing there, I thought, "Who's that new model?" I agree with everyone else that she looks great.

However, I've heard her say she was trying to lose weight for health reasons - maybe knees? I don't think it was ONLY for her wedding, although as most of us have experienced, I'm sure she was encouraged by the thought of how terrific she would look in her wedding dress! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I heard her say she was eating all protein and getting healthy.  Not sure how those two go together, but she looks great.