Trusted Contributor

Not really sure where to post this so I went with Community Chat. More traffic to see it. If anyone can answer this question, it is all of you here. You people are a wealth of information that I am always grateful for.

So, does anyone remember the dessert Charlotte Russe? A piece of sponge cake topped with whipped cream and a cherry on top? It was served in a cardboard push up cup. I have no idea where I can find the cups. Amazon doesn't have them, or maybe I am not searching properly. I checked two restaurant sites and still to no avail. If anyone can help me I would sure appreciate it.

TIA

Contributor

Try" clickamericana.com " There is her recipe for spongecake

Trusted Contributor

Thank you. What a lovely site. I never knew it existed. I'm just trying to find the individual cardboard cups for single servings. I did, however, buy a Charlotte pan on Amazon a few months back to make a pumpkin Charlotte for Thanksgiving. Turned out nice. Wish I can just find the cups. Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so glad you posted your question.  Charlotte Russe was a favorite of my Dad's from when he was a kid in Brooklyn.  He remembered it so fondly.  Ironically, today is his birthday and I was missing him so much.  It made me smile when I saw your post.

Anyway, I did a search and couldn't find the cups anywhere, but there is a bakery that still sells them.  Maybe they will tell you where they get the push up cups from. Good luck! It is called Holtermann's : 718-984-7095. 

Esteemed Contributor

WOW!  you brought back memories .... I can actually taste one in my mind right now .... I sure wish I had one in front of me to devour...... YUM YUM YUM!!

Sorry, I have no idea where you can get the cardboard cups ... my only suggestion is to find a bakery that still makes the Charlotte Russe & ask them if they will sell you some of the cups .... GOOD LUCK & ENJOY !!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Queen of shop 

If you could "make do" with these, Amazon calls them "cake pop shooters (push pops)."

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much! I will call Holtermann's. I will give it a try. I would like to make a bunch, for "hopefully", fingers crossed, a summer birthday celebration. I grew up with Charlotte Russe too. Such a nostalgic treat.

I believe that my post brought your dad back to you on his birthday, no less, to say hi. Made me so happy to hear that you smiled. The world works in mysterious ways. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi and thank you. I did see these on Amazon. I'm still trying to search out the cardboard ones though. More authentic. If all else fails, I will get them. I have until summer to figure this out. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@January121 wrote:

WOW!  you brought back memories .... I can actually taste one in my mind right now .... I sure wish I had one in front of me to devour...... YUM YUM YUM!!

Sorry, I have no idea where you can get the cardboard cups ... my only suggestion is to find a bakery that still makes the Charlotte Russe & ask them if they will sell you some of the cups .... GOOD LUCK & ENJOY !!!!!!

I wish I had one in front of me too! lol Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Charlotte Russe

[ Edited ]

@Queen of shop ~ Burke Supply, Brooklyn based supply paper company.  Supposedly where Holtermans bakery gets their push-up cups for their Charlotte Russe.

I googled Charlotte Russe.  

Good luck!

ETA ~ There was no phone number given.