Honored Contributor

I've found that the more I use any of those lip balms, the more I need it. 

It seems to make them worse.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I haven't used Chapstick brand in a long time. Thanks for the rec @QVCkitty1. I can always use a little color on my lips.

@SilleeMee, I wear lipstick when I go out, but being retired, it's nice to have a little color, while making my lips feel better.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Ever since I tried the Givenchy rouge gloss, I can't use anything else.  I just ordered my fourth one!

Prior to that always used Burt's Bees.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I used to use Av*n Flavor Savers, buying ten at a time.  Then I read several reviews (about a year ago) stating that they changed the formula and it allegedly wasn't the same or as good, so I switched to Chap-Aid.  Now I'm running out of that, so I'll take a chance and buy just one, just to make sure that the formula hasn't been changed.  'One never knows'........p.s.:   I just wish that they would leave good formulas alone.  A new employee at the top trying to make a mark (look good), I'm only guessing. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never use Chap Stick brand as it is just petrolum that is  flavored.  That is not good to ingest. There are much better brands out there to choose from now that offer better quality of ingredients. 

@SeaMaiden, I use CeraVe Healing ointment on my lips. The active ingredient is petroleum. It is absolutely safe. Like most topicals, you're not supposed to eat them, so I wouldn't spread it on a cracker for an appetizer.

@suzyQ3  It is most likely  impossible not to ingest something on your lips... you would be surprised how much lip products women especially consume.  Here is info on safety of lip product ingredients.  Enjoy your lip balm!🙂

https://greenlivingaz.com/lipstick-dangerous-cosmetics/

@SeaMaiden, I'm not a big fan of so-called natural or "green sites," especially when they just throw all this misinformation out.there and hope it sticks. You did notice that they gave zero support for their thoughts?

I do enjoy the healing ointment. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter, I recall reading about those who become almost addicted to Chapstick or lip balm in general.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter, I recall reading about those who become almost addicted to Chapstick or lip balm in general.

@suzyQ3@CelticCrafterSome ingredients make your lips feel initally nourished- but then dry your lips.

https://beautyeditor.ca/2015/12/22/lip-balm-causing-dry-lips

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:
Whatever I use on my lips I want some kind of SPF protection. Knowing someone who has cancer on her lips removed any doubt that even the mouth needs protection.

@esmereldaI avoid chemical sunscreens - is  there  a lip balm with zinc & /or titanium dioxide only?

Valued Contributor

I found Palmers coconut oil formula with vitamin E at the dollar store.  It has an SPF of 15 and no parabens also no animal testing.  Smells good and feels good on.

Respected Contributor

I use blistex at night and sunscreen during the day.