Honored Contributor

It's getting to be that time of year where lips can get cracked and dry. I just discovered" Chap Stick Total Hydration " with tint. I got rose petal and it is a lovely color. It's nice because it makes my lips feel good , and gives me some color . There are other shades, but I haven't tried them yet.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I've never tried the Chapstick brand.  I have tried Burt's Bees and it was very good.

I like a nice tint vs. regular lipstick for everday use.

Glad you found something you like.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I never use Chap Stick brand as it is just petrolum that is  flavored.  That is not good to ingest. There are much better brands out there to choose from now that offer better quality of ingredients. 

Trusted Contributor

i use the same lip balm, and i've tried all the flavors. my favorite is the coconut. thank you for your feedback on the rose petal. i just might try it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never use Chap Stick brand as it is just petrolum that is  flavored.  That is not good to ingest. There are much better brands out there to choose from now that offer better quality of ingredients. 

@SeaMaiden, I use CeraVe Healing ointment on my lips. The active ingredient is petrolatum. It is absolutely safe. Like most topicals, you're not supposed to eat them, so I wouldn't spread it on a cracker for an appetizer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I've never tried the Chapstick brand.  I have tried Burt's Bees and it was very good.

I like a nice tint vs. regular lipstick for everday use.

Glad you found something you like.

I must have at least five of Burt's Bee's tinted balm in Sweet Violet scattered around.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden, I use CeraVe Healing ointment on my lips. The active ingredient is petroleum. It is absolutely safe. Like most topicals, you're not supposed to eat them, so I wouldn't spread it on a cracker for an appetizer.

@suzyQ3  It is most likely  impossible not to ingest something on your lips... you would be surprised how much lip products women especially consume.  Here is info on safety of lip product ingredients.  Enjoy your lip balm!🙂

https://greenlivingaz.com/lipstick-dangerous-cosmetics/

Honored Contributor

I really don't like petroleum or mineral oil based products.

I LOVE Eco Lips in coconut - it's sunflower seed oil and beeswax and has a lovely light and natural coconut scent and taste. 

I ran out not long ago and was scraping the bottom of the tube so I just ordered some more.  Great stuff.

Esteemed Contributor
Whatever I use on my lips I want some kind of SPF protection. Knowing someone who has cancer on her lips removed any doubt that even the mouth needs protection.
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I haven't used Chapstick brand in a long time. Thanks for the rec @QVCkitty1. I can always use a little color on my lips.