Honored Contributor

I've read things about resetting our bodies clock, and  from what I can recall, it's the cause of accidents and things like that

Some people just have a harder time than others to re-adjust.  It's a bunch of nonsense to begin with.

They now say there is no measurable energy savings to be had,  by changing the clock

Respected Contributor

Yes - we've been eating dinner a  half hour earlier - 5:30 - likely just for this week.  I've been going to bed earlier just because I'm sleepy earlier.  I actually like it when we switch back to standard time.  I hate daylight savings time.  Yes it's nice to have more daylight in the evening but it's a killer if you have to get up early in the morning.   I don't know why they continue this switching back and forth - all this disruption for 4 months.

Honored Contributor

I hate it ,just hate it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

With the time change over the weekend do you just all of a sudden change according to the clock or do you slowly adjust your body clock?  As I get older, the time change takes a transitional period for me.  Slightly earlier dinner and bedtime gradually getting later over about a week's time. 

@In-x-s

Well, if you insist on doing everything at a very specific time perhaps you just need to be more flexible?    Does it really matter if you eat at 6 or 6:30pm ?    IMO, just eat when you're hungry and forget about the time.

It's only ONE HOUR we're talking about here.  I used to travel weekly for business and so crossing 3 hour time zones twice in a week and were a bit disorienting at times.  Then someone told me the best way to minimize jet lag .... just go to bed at local time and start fresh the next morning.  Never had a problem after that.

Honored Contributor

Bodies don't know, so I'd take/give meds at the old time, if possible.  To pets, too.  Keep meds running smoothly, without any time changes. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Well it's not really ME that finds the time change inconvenient and I can usually cope with it pretty easily. It's MY DOG that can't seem to get used to it. She's my clock...I don't even have to look at a clock to know what time it is. I just look at her, or should I say SHE looks at me when feeding or treat time comes aroundWoman LOL.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

With the time change over the weekend do you just all of a sudden change according to the clock or do you slowly adjust your body clock?  As I get older, the time change takes a transitional period for me.  Slightly earlier dinner and bedtime gradually getting later over about a week's time. 

@In-x-s

Well, if you insist on doing everything at a very specific time perhaps you just need to be more flexible?    Does it really matter if you eat at 6 or 6:30pm ?    IMO, just eat when you're hungry and forget about the time.

It's only ONE HOUR we're talking about here.  I used to travel weekly for business and so crossing 3 hour time zones twice in a week and were a bit disorienting at times.  Then someone told me the best way to minimize jet lag .... just go to bed at local time and start fresh the next morning.  Never had a problem after that.

I don't insist on anything it is just too bad my employer can't be more flexible because I can be totally flexible Smiley Wink  for some reason they want me to be at work according to the clock though -- the nerve!!