Valued Contributor

With the time change over the weekend do you just all of a sudden change according to the clock or do you slowly adjust your body clock?  As I get older, the time change takes a transitional period for me.  Slightly earlier dinner and bedtime gradually getting later over about a week's time. 

Trusted Contributor

The time change in the fall goes more smoothly for me than switching to Daylight Savings Time.  In the spring I am totally wiped out for at least a week.  I wish the time just always stayed the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mac116:  If you lived in Arizona you wouldn't have to worry about time changes.  The only problem is that we border New Mexico and California and their times change--in different directions ( it can be very confusing ).  I believe it was Lyndon Johnson who signed the bill that standardized Daylight Savings time; prior to that there were manny, many different time zones and it went to the extent that sometimes different floors in the same building had different times (ie 4 pm on one floor and 5 pm on another).

Esteemed Contributor

Nope - doesn't affect me at all.  Sunday got up the same time although the clock said it was one hour earlier....ate lunch and dinner at daylight savings time when I was hungry - went to bed the same time but clock said one hour difference..  This AM when alarm went off - it was a new day ......,meals at the new time....no effort.

Honored Contributor

The time changes either way don't bother me in the least, in regard to sleeping or being 'off'. 

I just hate the fewer hours of daylight that this season brings naturally, then add the loss of daylight savings time, and I am never able to get all the outdoor things done I want to, and I long for the days when it is daylight till well after 9pm ( here sometimes almost till 10). 

Honored Contributor

It's just an hour; no big deal.  My dogs get a little off schedule and wanted to go out very early this morning then napped all afternoon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Doesn’t bother me one bit because  I live in Arizona.

Honored Contributor

I dislike these time changes.  I wish they would pick one and stick to it!

This time change does bother me.  Especially since it comes when the weather is getting cold, dark and dreary and that is plenty depressing all on its own.  Now, it is practically dark by the time I get out of work.  And the day seems so long.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Thhe dog has been waking me up at 5 AM wanting to go to the park!

Honored Contributor

I know it's only been a few days, but I've been very tired both Sunday and last night and went to bed really early.  Then awake really early in the morning also.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?