Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

You may want to think twice before plunking down even a paltry $2 to play Powerball this coming October, the 36-state lottery. LoHud.com reports that the odds of winning the top prize – historically anywhere from $2 million to $600 million -- will jump from 1 in 175,223,510 to 1 in 292,201,338.

Hope springs eternal for your chance to double your investment to $4 though, as the odds for that win just improved from 1 in 111 to 1 in 92. In fact, the likelihood of any players winning some kind of reward will get a boost to 1 in 25, up from 1 in 32.

Powerball currently asks players to choose from two fields of numbers: 59 in the first field, and 35 in the second. That all changes in October, when players will have to choose from 69 numbers in the first field and 26 numbers in the second.

Balance of article:  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/powerball-rules-harder-win-big-000500142.html

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Changes Coming To Powerball

And I could be that ONE!! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a gambler to begin with. I wonder how big of a budget crunch, we would have, if the  legal gambling  going to the Govt, would nosedive.?

Honored Contributor

I've never played the powerball because they announce the winner publicly.  Seriously, if I hit the Michigan classic Lotto for a million I would likely lose consciousness.  I'm not greedy - really $500K or $750K and I'm good (rolling my eyes).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I know in some states you can remain anonymous.  If someone would like to give me hundreds of millions of dollars for $2 and announce my name to the world, I will gladly let them do it and then pay the $50 county court fee to choose another.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I don't gamble.

Super Contributor

I would be in favor of a smaller playing field, so that more players could win a smaller jackpot ... I think they would get more players and make more money in the long run ...

But ... they didn't ask for my opinion ..

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~