Valued Contributor
I like to snack on Kashi blueberry clusters. Dry.
Esteemed Contributor
I'm not a cereal lover and didn't care for it that much as a kid. A couple of times of year, I'll have Honey Nut Cheerios (purchased in those individual serving bowls) but I have to have milk. I'm not a milk drinker either and this is about the only way I'll eat/drink milk.

My roommate in college always ate Life Cinnamon cereal as a snack food.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

About three or four days a week, we eat Special K Original Protein cereal with bananas, rasperries, blueberries, and if in season, fresh sliced peaches, topped with a few walnuts. I can't imagine eating it without milk.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@nana59 

No, you are not the only one. I eat most cereal as a snack, not by the bowl. None of the ones I eat are in a bowl unless it is Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat. Grapenuts I eat dry with a big spoonful. 

I stick pretty much with the cereals that are as close to natural as possible, not those that are mostly sugar coated. Keep them in closed plastic containers, easier to grab s handful when passing by them.

hckynut 

OMG hckynut...how the heck do you eat dry Grapenuts?!  my husband makes a racket eating Grapenuts...even with milk!!!

Respected Contributor

I see a lot of you like to put fruit on top of your cereal, I guess I'm a little odd because although I love cereal and fruit I don't care for them mixed together.  

In the morning I'll have a dish of cereal and a dish of blueberries or some other type of berries on the side.  The same with bananas.  I love them but not in my cereal.  

I know I have strange eating patterns.  My husband always thought it was funny that I put milk in my cereal but I don't drink milk.  I just use it to moisten my cereal.  I don't put  a lot of milk in my bowl so when I'm done with the cereal I throw the milk down the drain.  

Respected Contributor

I love cereal but don't eat it anymore.   I don't like milk so would put just enough to soften the cereal and then drain it out of my spoon before eating.  I miss cereal.

My college roommate put OJ on her cereal.  She didn't like milk either.  I just couldn't go that far.

DH will grab a handful of dry cereal and eat that.  And a former boss brought dry cereal for her mid morning snack.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it seems like it's either love it or hate it! LOL! I'm on the "love it" side of cereal - it's quick, easy, and somewhat nutritious (depending on which one you like)! I have a small bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios or Special K with milk every morning. Timing is everything - the cereal can not soak in the milk! It needs to be eaten when it's just nicely coated and still a bit crunchy!!

Respected Contributor

\@Pearlee wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I like dry cereal...I would like to find one that is not loaded with  sugar that I could eat as a snack.

@Mom2Dogs  Wheat Chex.

There are 52 grams of carbs in a cup of Wheat Chex.  It may be lighter in sugar but is very carb dense.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Thanks, one day at the grocery, I started reading labels...it took forever and gave up before I found something that I would consider eating.

I did that too.  That's when I gave up cereal.  
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

I'm not sure, but isn't Cheerio's pretty low in sugar? 

Don't know but they have 31 grams of carbs per cup.  That is a lot for one part of one meal.