Esteemed Contributor

i had a bowl of cereal for dinner....i eat my cereal dry....am i the only one who doesn't like milk with their cereal....my husband uses more milk than cereal!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like dry cereal...I would like to find one that is not loaded with  sugar that I could eat as a snack.

Respected Contributor

I don't put it in a bowl but I've been known to just grab a few handfuls of Honey Nut Cheerios as a snack.  Since my childhood I've always enjoyed cereal with or without milk.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i had a bowl of cereal for dinner....i eat my cereal dry....am i the only one who doesn't like milk with their cereal....my husband uses more milk than cereal!

@nana59 wrote:

No you aren't the only one, been eating cereal dry since I was a small child. I hate soggy cereal.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

If I eat cereal I put it on plain or vanilla yogurt. Makes for a crunchy meal. No milk for me,  although I do not mind things made with milk, like ice cream. Just cannot stand plain milk.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I like dry cereal...I would like to find one that is not loaded with  sugar that I could eat as a snack.

@Mom2Dogs  Wheat Chex.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, one day at the grocery, I started reading labels...it took forever and gave up before I found something that I would consider eating.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the fondness so many have for cereal. There is an entire aisle of it in the store.

There was even a man on Big Brother who ate cereal for every meal. 

I wonder, am I alone in avoiding it?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Thanks, one day at the grocery, I started reading labels...it took forever and gave up before I found something that I would consider eating.

@Mom2Dogs I like WC either way, with or without milk.  I also love it seasoned in Party Mix.

Yummy Wheat Chex!

Honored Contributor

I do both. The only cereal I eat is keto granola. I'll eat it mixed in my yogurt or in a bowl with unsweetened almond milk, but I will also take a small amount dry once in awhile.