Esteemed Contributor
I have a PO Box. Anyone know how we are supposed to respond? I really don't want a census taker at my door.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Census 2020?

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:
I have a PO Box. Anyone know how we are supposed to respond? I really don't want a census taker at my door.

@MamaWick 

Almost 5% of households will receive their census invitation when a census taker drops it off. In these areas, the majority of households may not receive mail at their home’s physical location (like households that use PO boxes or areas recently affected by natural disasters).

(removal of link)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Kudos to the wonderful, helpful people on these boards. I have received so much good information from my fellow posters here and at other times through the years. Many, many thanks to you all!!!!

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld What you received a few months ago was probably a community survey.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld  and anyone else concerned about the security of the online census:

At the top of the census website, there is a small banner that has a US flag and says, "An official website of the United States government".  With a link that says, "Here's how you know".  

If you click on that link it says because it has a dotgov and https address.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@wonderfulworld  and anyone else concerned about the security of the online census:

At the top of the census website, there is a small banner that has a US flag and says, "An official website of the United States government".  With a link that says, "Here's how you know".  

If you click on that link it says because it has a dotgov and https address.

Thank you. Haven't done the online one yet and will check when I do.

We got scammed by a very official looking email from Xfinity. Their phone number, correct address everything. It said we needed to change our password and to use this particular link. We called Xfinity at Comcast. They said it was a scam. They will NEVER ask you to change password in an email. Got through to our mail...not in spam.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45. Thanks.   Only problem is I really would prefer no one at my door.  Sigh...

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I submitted mine online, but there were two questions is found highly dubious, one of which I did not answer. I question the agenda in asking them as in all the other census counts I have taken part in, those questions were NEVER asked.