Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I received an 'invitation' to log into my computer with a special pin type number to complete census. It was addressed to Resident and came in  the mail this week.

Well several months ago we received a mailing, maybe ten pages long to fill out and mail in asking for census info. Pretty involved. Others I know received it also.

Which was real? Did anyone else receive the mailing?

Tried to find out on line with no success. Thank you if you can speak to this.

@wonderfulworld 

You can call the National Processing Center at 800-523-3205, 800-642-0469 

• Do check that a census mailing has a return address of Jeffersonville, Ind., the site of the National Processing Center. If it’s from somewhere else, it’s not from the Census Bureau.
  • Do check the URL of any supposed Census website. Make sure it has a census.gov domain and is encrypted — look for https:// or a lock symbol in the browser window.
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I got mine in the mail from the census agency.  I went on their website, entered the code sent, and filled it out online.

Since I am single, it only took about two minutes. They give you a confirmation # upon completion.  I printed this page and stapled it to my original survey just in case there was a problem down the road.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Census 2020?

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld 

I received the paper census, about 6 (?) pages. But I had the option to complete it online if I preferred. There was another envelope (the next day) with my online code if I choose to complete online.

I also has selected to fill out the Community Census a few months ago. That was more involved, took about 45 minutes.

they're BOTH "real"

Esteemed Contributor

I recieved the invitation to complete the Census online. I completed it in about 5 minutes.

Honored Contributor
You received something several months ago? I thought they were just mailed? I got mine last weekend.
Honored Contributor

I too, received a "census" some time ago in the mail.  My husband told me to " fill it out and return it."

When I looked at it up close and personal, it was from the headquarters of the political party we are registrated with.  It was not a real USA census.

The political party is collecting data about their constituents.  I just tossed it out.

The real census can be done online.  That one I did complete a few days ago.

I always read everything in it's entirety before I give out info.  Some things we receive are misleading.

Honored Contributor
Yes. I think if OP got something in the mail several months ago it was not the real census.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
You received something several months ago? I thought they were just mailed? I got mine last weekend.

That's odd...?? Several months ago? It just came out this month. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wonderfulworld    If I recall correctly, the last time we did the census, a few people got an expanded questionnaire such as you describe with more complex and thorough questions.  I wouldn't worry about it but you could call next week and ask.  There should have been an explanation.

I am hoping you are right. I tried calling and got a recording about high volume and call again later.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

I received the paper census, about 6 (?) pages. But I had the option to complete it online if I preferred. There was another envelope (the next day) with my online code if I choose to complete online.

I also has selected to fill out the Community Census a few months ago. That was more involved, took about 45 minutes.

they're BOTH "real"

Yes, I think it was Community Census...maybe late last summer I filled out.

Quite involved...what year did we buy our home etc. And then I got the one everyone else got this week. Are you going to do both?

Thank you!