Respected Contributor

I received an 'invitation' to log into my computer with a special pin type number to complete census. It was addressed to Resident and came in  the mail this week.

Well several months ago we received a mailing, maybe ten pages long to fill out and mail in asking for census info. Pretty involved. Others I know received it also.

Which was real? Did anyone else receive the mailing?

Tried to find out on line with no success. Thank you if you can speak to this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Census 2020?

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I received an 'invitation' to log into my computer with a special pin type number to complete census. It was addressed to Resident and came in  the mail this week.

Well several months ago we received a mailing, maybe ten pages long to fill out and mail in asking for census info. Pretty involved. Others I know received it also.

Which was real? Did anyone else receive the mailing?

Tried to find out on line with no success. Thank you if you can speak to this.

@wonderfulworld I received that yesterday and did the census online, it was fast and easy, and I did not receive the mailing.

I found this:

In 2020, the agency will send to 95% of households nationwide an "invitation" to respond to the census either online, over the phone or by mailing back the form. But the agency won’t deliver the invitations to P.O. boxes, because they aren’t tied to specific housing units.

Ways To Respond | 2020 Census

https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond

The time is now. Help shape your future, and your community's future, by responding to the 2020 Census. Homes will begin receiving their invitation to respond to the 2020 Census between March 12-20. These official Census Bureau mailings will include detailed information and a Census ID for completing the Census online

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

We received only the invitation to complete online, so I did.

Occasional Contributor

I received 2 and I think they both said resident. They said they were also going to send out a paper copy. I went ahead and did mine online. I was expecting so did not think about it being a scam.

Honored Contributor

I did mine online a few days ago.  Very quick and easy 

Honored Contributor

There are other threads this week about posters receiving their online code to complete it online and we got ours today.

A couple of minutes and it was done!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld    If I recall correctly, the last time we did the census, a few people got an expanded questionnaire such as you describe with more complex and thorough questions.  I wouldn't worry about it but you could call next week and ask.  There should have been an explanation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The online census was addressed to resident, came with a code and was quick and easy.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We received the invitation in the mail yesterday.  I completed it online last night. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

Received that mailer.  Took just a minute online