Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to find a plan for an 80 year old neighbor who rarely uses his phone but needs a reliable network and only one line.  I get so confused trying to help.  Can anyone make a suggestion or point me in the right direction?

Respected Contributor

I highly recommend checking the Puretalk dot com website.  Great customer service and very happy with our plan.  I think it's veteran owned.

Contributor

Have Consumer Cellular?

Honored Contributor

Consumer Cellular would probably be your best best.  They have some simple phones and cater to seniors with patient CS.  You can get info online and at Target Stores in the electronics department.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a TRACPHONE.  I have had one for years now.  I never get a bill.

The 1500 minutes that come with the phone last me all year and I even carry the excess minutes over.  TRACPHONE also offers plans, but I have never needed one.  They are so inexpensive.

My phone uses VERIZON.

Honored Contributor

We find Consumer Cellular to be reliable and affordable.

Valued Contributor
I too, have used Tracfone for years. So inexpensive that I buy a new TSV phone from the Q or HSN every year. Just make sure you that you go online to activate the phone. From what I've read their CS isn't very good. It's a very easy process. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cell Phone Plans

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

I am trying to find a plan for an 80 year old neighbor who rarely uses his phone but needs a reliable network and only one line.  I get so confused trying to help.  Can anyone make a suggestion or point me in the right direction?

@Biftu 

Sounds just like me. I am 83 and seldom use my cell phone. That is why I have been with TracFone for many, many years. 

My present phone's, year will expire this month. I bought a new one a couple months ago and will activate it pretty soon.

Both these phones cost me $ 59.98 delivered, for a year. That comes down to $4.99 per month. Both came with 1500 Talk Minutes/1500 Texts and/1500mb. data.

Both are Samsung Galaxy with all the stuff on them I never use. For me it is only a phone I use to call someone, primarily my wife. She is the only person that has my cell number.

Been happy with the prices and TracFone. I get a new phone almost every year. Seems to always be the cheapest way.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Tracfone for me also.  My husband has a great i phone, but I use a phone much less and could not justify the expense of a high-end phone.  Tracfone goes with me in case of emergerncies.  I feel safe and it's not costing me an arm and a leg.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu It's lovely of you to be helping your neighbor and it looks like you got some excellent suggestions.