Esteemed Contributor

StraightTalk or Cricket

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I would think he would only need a simple  phone, consumer cellular is great.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cell Phone Plans

[ Edited ]

@Biftu 

Long time Tracfone buyerHeart Love them and my

Current one is the    Motorola g Stylus   Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Biftu, Just a word about Boost. My sister uses them. She was getting texts and emails a couple of months ago about needing to convert to a new website or some type of update. Not certain of details, just that she needed to change something. I only know this because she wondered if it was some type of scam. That may have something to do with your friends case.

@Etoile308 

My wife uses Boost as her primary provider with her Samsung Galaxy 21. I asked her about this and she said nothing has changed in regards to how her monthly charges are paid.

Said primary because she uses TracFone, the same phones I buy, as her backup. Many places her TracFone gets good connections where her Boost does not.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I have Verizon.  I've never ever had a tracfone.  I buy my phones from Amazon unlocked and shop around for a deal.  Also I don't change my phones every year.  

Honored Contributor

I have a flip phone. I buy a one-year service plan, which includes minutes/texts, and it cost's me less than $100 for the entire year. Works for me b/c I only use my cell phone to pick up curbside groceries and for emergencies.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird : We've had Verizon for 25 years.  We travel a lot and have lived in rural communities forever and its dependable.  We also buy unlocked Galaxy phones from Amazon ( every 4-5 years). My recent purchase was a Galaxy S20 renewed premium for $400 ( love, love). We haven't been under contract to Verizon for over 12 years so we have the ability to easily change whenever.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cell Phone Plans

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@songbird : We've had Verizon for 25 years.  We travel a lot and have lived in rural communities forever and its dependable.  We also buy unlocked Galaxy phones from Amazon ( every 4-5 years). My recent purchase was a Galaxy S20 renewed premium for $400 ( love, love). We haven't been under contract to Verizon for over 12 years so we have the ability to easily change whenever.

I'm with you on that.  My last phone was in 2021.  It's a Galaxy S.  Love the phone.  I always get an unlocked phone.  It's paid for by the time I hunt around for another provider.  Verizon is always reliable.  I usually keep my phone about 5-6 years.  Both my husband and myself ended up with Samsung.  But on my side of the family....everyone (sisters, brother, in laws, nephews, etc) all have I-phones.  His too.  We feel like we're the odd men out.  LOL.  The primary reason we went to Samsung is we have Android computers and we wanted our phones to be in sync with them.