Honored Contributor

When I was quite young, my friends and I would walk over to the CBS studio across from the original Farmer's Market and stand at the entrance in order to get autographs as stars came out.

Later, as a teen, my Beatlemaniac friends and I ran around Beverly Hills in 1964 when the Beatles were here for their first Hollywood concert (my friends and I sneaked out of houses and waited all night for tickets) and found one of the agents (maybe Epstein), who managed to get an autographed picture of the Fab Four for us.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   Andie McDowell is a lovely lady...just like a best friend. I've worked with her when doing a few films in NC. We discussed letting our curls go grey, our similar bushy dark brows, etc. We broke for lunch and she wanted an egg salad sandwich at a nearby diner...no fancy restaurant or catering truck. We sat for a few hours babbling like we've known each other for years.

Thanks for posting photos of her house. Beautiful. We were working on a film done in Wilmington. Funny how NC has become popular for some film makers. 

@Shanus   I wonder why she sold her beautiful home.  I thought she was originally from North Carolina.   Biltmore Forest, WOW, who wouldn't love that.  

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama   I think she's a South Carolina native. I guess she wanted change...beats me. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Georgiagrama   I think she's a South Carolina native. I guess she wanted change...beats me. 

@Shanus   I think you may be correct.  I'm not sure why I was thinking N.C.   I believe the article said she has a home in LA and one in Montana.   Not to shabby. 

Honored Contributor

Nicksmom

Meeting the great Ella Fitzgerald would have been wonderful !  I am a Blues and Jazz lover and certainly Ella was among the best if not the best in that category.  Her voice was exceptional and she also seemed like a caring decent person. Her legacy lives on and so will her contribution to music, excellence. I am glad you had the opportunity to meet Ella!!!