@pprmntstx 

Don't you think all the "yes" answers should name names? Cat LOL

Cassandra Peterson ("Elvira"), actress

Lt. Joe Kenda, Ret. CSPD and TV host

Rich "Goose" Gossage, former MLB Pitcher for the Yanks and the Padres

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrities

[ Edited ]

Many. My dad was an agent way back in the 40s and 50s, as was one of my uncles. My godmother was an actress. I remember only that her first name was Joan. If I met her, it was when I was a baby.

I clearly remember meeting Mickey Rooney at the Derby in Beverly Hills. In fact, there was pic of my dad at the Hollywood Derby (all pics were caricutures). How I would love to have that picture.

My "Realtor the Stars" cousin Elaine was briefly married to Gig Young, whom I met at a family gathering. I recall that he told my mother that I had nice legs. Weird. He and his next wife were a murder/suicide couple.I

One of my daughter's best friends from law school has a longtime relationship with one of the most popular actors in England -- unfortunately, I'm having a senior moment. We've met him often here and when we were in France.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Remember the tv series "Scandal"?

I spent an hour picking out jewelry with Bellamy Young (Melanie) the president's wife.

She grew up here and graduated from my high school.  Much more attractive in person.

Bellamy Young

Then, Andie McDowell's family used to come here for summers and had a modest stone 2 story.  I never cared for her work.  Four Weddings And A Funeral wasn't my cup of tea.

Seems being the face of cosmetics suited her better.

Image result for andie macdowell

This was her house.

See the source image

-

-

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrities

[ Edited ]

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

The local weatherman is not a celebrity because he is on TV ...  

Your post reminded me of something that happened in the office where I worked.  A news reader at one of the local tv stations had an appointment with one of the professionals in the office.  While she sat in the reception area before her appointment, some of the other folks waiting in the same area asked if she was Christine Bellport (the name of the news reader).  When she said she was, they asked if they could take a selfie with her.  I guess it doesn't take a lot to be considered a "celebrity" in this part of Wisconsin. 

Valued Contributor

@Witchywoman   

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@pprmntstx 

Don't you think all the "yes" answers should name names? Cat LOL

Cassandra Peterson ("Elvira"), actress

Lt. Joe Kenda, Ret. CSPD and TV host

Rich "Goose" Gossage, former MLB Pitcher for the Yanks and the Padres

@Witchywoman  I absolutely think so! lol

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Many. My dad was an agent way back in the 40s and 50s, as was one of my uncles. My godmother was an actress. I remember only that her first name was Joan. If I met her, it was when I was a baby.

I clearly remember meeting Mickey Rooney at the Derby in Beverly Hills. In fact, there was pic of my dad at the Hollywood Derby (all pics were caricutures). How I would love to have that picture.

My "Realtor the Stars" cousin Elaine was briefly married to Gig Young, whom I met at a family gathering. I recall that he told my mother that I had nice legs. Weird. He and his next wife were a murder/suicide couple.I

One of my daughter's best friends from law school has a longtime relationship with one of the most popular actors in England -- unfortunately, I'm having a senior moment. We've met him often here and when we were in France.

I've known many in the business, having grown up adjacent to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Interesting times.

Ah, the Brit is Neil Morrissey!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I have met, and know several, people in the Southern Gospel Music genre.  I'm even related to a few.  I can't speak for them but I think it's safe to say that they don't consider themselves "celebrities" but,unfortunately, I know there are lots of people who do.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Yes have worked/toured/lived/camped with many many celebrities in the music world.

Honored Contributor

I don't currently know any celebrities, but have met quite a few over the decades.   My father actually knew quite a few, however, inluding John Wayne and Jack Lemmon.  I have a pic of him playing golf with Jack.

Everyone I've met has been very nice and kind.  I remember when I met Craig Ferguson at a 'meet n greet' event.  He had this bodyguard who was a bit of a jerk who was yelling at everybody 'no autographs - just come to get your pic taken and that's it'.   I had brought my book that Craig wrote so I was just holding it up against me when it was our turn to go up for our pic.  I didn't say anything, as I don't do obnoxious.  But Craig was so nice that he asked me if I'd like for him to sign my book.  Of course, I said yes please and was very happy.  Smiley Happy

I have mentioned here that I met Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) and he was very nice.   Kind of a quiet guy but very gracious.  I have his autograph also (somewhere).

Met so many that I wish my memory worked better.  One that really meant something to me was when I got to spend some time with Jan and Dean.  They were a band who did music similar to The Beach Boys.   Those of us old enough may remember that, back in the 60s, Jan was in a horrific car accident.   This was well after that when they were here for one of the many Hot August Nights concerts (I'm thinking 80s).  Jan struggled but they were so nice and I met them two different times.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Being a Halloween baby, I've always been fascinated by Elvira.  Saw her without her makeup and she was quite pretty.  

She sure found her calling Cat LOL