Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich 

You need to write a book!  Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Loved Jan and Dean...seemed so sweet and had the"look" that made them irresitible to this Mid-west girl.

Happy to hear that Ken Osmond was nice.  He was always the perfect "Eddie."

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

Just curious.  Has anyone ever known a celebrity?

@pprmntstx 

A couple. Same high school as Nick Nolte(he was a whole), knew his pretty sister Nancy, much better as she was in my Sophomore English class.

Knew Peter Fonda when he was going to college here, the same college as his father Henry. Met him at the Drag Strip and also was at many parties he was present, 1 of which was at my house.  Pretty nice down to earth guy, the opposite of Nick Nolte.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: Celebrities

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Many. My dad was an agent way back in the 40s and 50s, as was one of my uncles. My godmother was an actress. I remember only that her first name was Joan. If I met her, it was when I was a baby.

I clearly remember meeting Mickey Rooney at the Derby in Beverly Hills. In fact, there was pic of my dad at the Hollywood Derby (all pics were caricutures). How I would love to have that picture.

My "Realtor the Stars" cousin Elaine was briefly married to Gig Young, whom I met at a family gathering. I recall that he told my mother that I had nice legs. Weird. He and his next wife were a murder/suicide couple.I

One of my daughter's best friends from law school has a longtime relationship with one of the most popular actors in England -- unfortunately, I'm having a senior moment. We've met him often here and when we were in France.

I've known many in the business, having grown up adjacent to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Interesting times.

Ah, the Brit is Neil Morrissey!

Oh, I like him -- I'm a lover of Brit TV. (Not too difficult to find the name of your daughter's friend, either. Smiley Wink)

ETA: I wasn't stalking her -- I looked up the name to see a photo of who HE was, and there were several articles mentioning his partner.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Many. My dad was an agent way back in the 40s and 50s, as was one of my uncles. My godmother was an actress. I remember only that her first name was Joan. If I met her, it was when I was a baby.

I clearly remember meeting Mickey Rooney at the Derby in Beverly Hills. In fact, there was pic of my dad at the Hollywood Derby (all pics were caricutures). How I would love to have that picture.

My "Realtor the Stars" cousin Elaine was briefly married to Gig Young, whom I met at a family gathering. I recall that he told my mother that I had nice legs. Weird. He and his next wife were a murder/suicide couple.I

One of my daughter's best friends from law school has a longtime relationship with one of the most popular actors in England -- unfortunately, I'm having a senior moment. We've met him often here and when we were in France.

I've known many in the business, having grown up adjacent to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Interesting times.

Ah, the Brit is Neil Morrissey!

Oh, I like him -- I'm a lover of Brit TV. (Not too difficult to find the name of your daughter's friend, either. Smiley Wink)

ETA: I wasn't stalking her -- I looked up the name to see a photo of who HE was, and there were several articles mentioning his partner.

@jonbon, yes, I discovered that when I searched for his name. In fact, I paused a moment about posting the name because I saw the name of my daughter's friend.

BTW, I adore her, and when she lived here, I thought of her almost as another daughter.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

Ms. Young was fab in the episodes of Scandal that I watched.  I gave up as I just got too annoyed with the characters Cat LOL  She is a lovely woman....how fun to have shopped a bit with her.

Andie is not a favorite of mine, but she sure had a beautiful home!

Valued Contributor

@hckynut Peter Fonda seemed like a really cool guy---glad he was!   Loved  -Easy Rider-!!!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Loved Jan and Dean...seemed so sweet and had the"look" that made them irresitible to this Mid-west girl.

Happy to hear that Ken Osmond was nice.  He was always the perfect "Eddie."

I, too, loved Jan and Dean so it was a true pleasure to meet them and spend time with them a couple of times.

Yes, Ken was definitely the perfect Eddie Haskell!  Smiley Very Happy   Everybody probably already knows this, but he ended up becoming a police officer.

Honored Contributor

I met only one (and had a conversation with) in New York. It was just once.  I posted about it before.  He doesn't like California and prefers New York.  He's very famous, but when I met him I didn't know who he was.  I hardly ever saw his films. I just knew he was an actor because I saw him leave the stage door of a theatre in NY.  I actually asked him if he was famous!   (the actor was Robert De Niro)

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ECBG 

Ms. Young was fab in the episodes of Scandal that I watched.  I gave up as I just got too annoyed with the characters Cat LOL  She is a lovely woman....how fun to have shopped a bit with her.

Andie is not a favorite of mine, but she sure had a beautiful home!

@Witchy Woman 

Just wanted to "clarify".  I was selling fine jewelry, (I did that for several years after damaging my sciatic nerve as a stylist at Dillards) I helped Bellemy pick out the pieces she would wear the most.  Having been trained by a gemologist, I knew the background as well of care of all of the stones.

She didn't like the ulta fancy LeVian, and preferred Effy designer pieces.