Trusted Contributor

Re: Cecil overload........

[ Edited ]

@Blueberry Hill. That was totally unnecessarily rude. There are better ways of expressing oneself without lashing out with obscenities.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@Blueberry Hill. That was totally necessarily rude. There are better ways of expressing oneself without lashing out with obscenities.

Technically........she didn't use any obscenities.........she used an asterisk and a few of em..........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@Blueberry Hill wrote:
Bull******.

I think you've got too many ** in your response.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

Amen.  I'm on Cecil overload.  I think we've heard enough about Cecil and his family.  It's naive to think this is an unusual case.  Big game hunting happens everyday  in Africa and around the world.  It's the business of the country in which it occurs to control it.

SINCE THAT'S THE CASE, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING.

Exactly, but we all know kachina doesn't like animals

SAYS A LOT ABOUT HER, DOESN'T IT?

I don't know @Kachina624 from the man in the moon, but I have read her posts on the Pet Lovers forum and know that she has rescue dogs that she loves very much. It might be a bit of hyperbole to say she doesn't like animals just because she is desiring respite from the Cecil story.

Personally, i want the story to continue until there is no more trophy hunting.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Frequent Contributor
Plural meaning lots of it.
Trusted Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@Blueberry Hill. That was totally necessarily rude. There are better ways of expressing oneself without lashing out with obscenities.

TYPICAL OF SOMEONE WHO HAS NOTHING INTELLIGENT TO SAY.

Trusted Contributor

@Blueberry Hill wrote:
Plural meaning lots of it.

YOU'RE CORRECT. YOUR POSTS.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

Amen.  I'm on Cecil overload.  I think we've heard enough about Cecil and his family.  It's naive to think this is an unusual case.  Big game hunting happens everyday  in Africa and around the world.  It's the business of the country in which it occurs to control it.

SINCE THAT'S THE CASE, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING.

Exactly, but we all know kachina doesn't like animals

SAYS A LOT ABOUT HER, DOESN'T IT?

I don't know @Kachina624 from the man in the moon, but I have read her posts on the Pet Lovers forum and know that she has rescue dogs that she loves very much. It might be a bit of hyperbole to say she doesn't like animals just because she is desiring respite from the Cecil story.

Personally, i want the story to continue until there is no more trophy hunting.

Thank You MaggieMack.  I do indeed have three rescued dogs and one non-rescue, including one with serious medical issues.  I would have a cat if I didn't have herding dogs that make their lives miserable.  Have had everything from horses to tropical & salt-water fish.

I'm  not anti-hunting because I understand the need to control populations of certain animals.  To not control them is terribly cruel and results in death due to starvation.  I don't believe in hunting endangered or threatened species, but it is the country in which they reside's responsibility to control hunting, not ours.  We have enough hunting for trophies in our own country and a lot of it is illegal.

Just heard that Atz Lee and his wife, Jane, from the show "Alaska, The Last Frontier" were charged with a violation of bear hunting rules.  I believe they were due in court today.

State game agencies keep counts on wildlife and limit hunting to numbers that can be killed to allow for continuation of the species without threat of starvation to those that are left.  We have so many bears in the mountains on the East side of Albuquerque, that in lean years they become a threat to the human population.  They come down because there is not enough to eat.  Some are in pitiful condition.

Wildlife management is an exact science with managers knowing what they are doing to promote healthy animals.  They simply cannot be left to reproduce with no control.  Regulated hunting is absolutely necessary and in 99% of the cases the goal is to procure meat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Blueberry Hill wrote:
This country is going to pot and all people are concerned with is some dead lion in a foreign country. I agree, OP!

You probably are well aware that your statement is false. It is willful hyperbole to deflect from your lack of understanding regarding endangered species

"some dead lion" indeed. SMH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Re: Cecil overload........

[ Edited ]

I'm still utterly confused as to what would have prompted deletion of my post (either post 71 and 72) for either being "controversial" or "political/controversial".

Gosh, I should have used a profanity. Then perhaps the deletion would have made some measure of sense.

But as I asked in Post 76, there seemed to be absolutely nothing in my post which would have seemed to cause it to be deleted. Nothing political was said.

And I suppose describing the state of the world as it is might be controversial. But to delete a post articulating that isn't gunna change the actual state of the world. People do understand that, don't they? lol

I am just finding it a bit wearisome to post thoughtful comments only to see them deleted for mysterious reasons.

While, quite frankly, I could probably sound the alarm on a ton of others' posts which I could say were somehow out of line or simply not to my liking.

I think when one is at a forums where in other threads, people often articulate some desire to see removed anything not to their personal liking, its important to know why certain things might be removed (without really much to warrant it) IMHO.

You can't ask a question like the OP posed here without getting or regaining some sense of perspective. A question doesn't exist in space without any context or associated comparatives.

How can the world be so taken with XYZ will lead to others perhaps giving their perspective or reasoning as to how XYZ fits into a bigger picture or the whole scheme of things.

But maybe I'm asking too much. And I should join the gang in asking a thousand times over why someone said something rather than regarding what it is they said.

If someone is so tired and bored with everything Cecil...why would they create a 14 page thread about Cecil? lol

I mean, after a while, its sort of clear that something is off in that.

Maybe its just me. But when I'm tired of something I just move on to something else.