Respected Contributor
On 3/5/2015 Love my grandkids said:

Sounds like a gift grab to me, based on the non-relationship of all of you.

I agree. They probably know "you" won't attend but are hoping for the check.Smile

Super Contributor

Why do you have to send anything? You hardly know her, and most likely your paths will never cross again. If she was a friend of yours it'd be different. I'd just throw the invitation in the trash and go about my business.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't send 10 cents to someone I don't know.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/5/2015 KathyPet said: $50.00 is sufficient IMHO.

I agree with $50. I would not give more.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 Love my grandkids said:

Sounds like a gift grab to me, based on the non-relationship of all of you.

It is definitely a gift grab and I don't feel gift grabs should be rewarded with a gift. Also there is the never ending future gift grabs once they know you are an easy mark. Next it will be for the baby shower if not sooner for a bridal shower.

Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 VanSleepy said: I really don't think of wedding invitations as a gift grab. With the cost of weddings, I don't think couples are inviting people that they really don't want there. Or, in this case, the father of the bride wanted to include you.

They invite people they know won't attend, not people they actually want, but hope/expect will send a gift anyway.

Honored Contributor
Hi Tabby! My idea of how much cash I would give as a wedding gift to someone I barely knew? I think you know me well enough to know my answer to this question.
hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

This might not be a popular answer but I would not send anything. It would be different if you weren't going to a wedding of a close friend or relative, then for sure I'd send a 100 check.

Honored Contributor

I'd send a card only.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

You don't know the couple, the invitation is just a ploy to get a gift. I'd send them a really nice card and that's it. Weddings are so over the top and expensive today that couples will stop at nothing to get as many gifts and checks as they can possibly get.