Regular Contributor

Wildcat Fan    You seem very kind hearted and we are taught to forgive.  I won't get into that.  As far as getting "cured" I wouldn't want that woman around any children in my family would you ? I'm not educated in that field but I believe in reform but in some cases I wonder if the evil is so inbred in the person only God could remove it. I pray this new boyfriend keeps a close eye on his little daughter. In murder there are no second chances for the victim. Scary.         Felinemom

@wildcat fan wrote:

When I think about Casey Anthony, I reflect upon my beliefs...I believe in forgiveness.  I believe in second chances.  I believe people can change with age and maturity.  I believe it's not my place to judge another.  I believe in the American justice system even though it's been known to fail at times.

I'd naturally be concerned if anyone in my family wanted to strike up a relationship with her.  Didn't click on the link, but I'm guessing Casey's boyfriend's baby mama and family are uncomfortable with that relationship.  Would totally understand if so and hope they keep their eyes peeled.

Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ

Yes, that is true.  It's not a perfect system and how sad for that person to be punished for something they didn't do.  That's exactly why I say what I do.  If Casey was not proven to have killed her daughter (although she may be guilty of other inexcusable things, she is not being tried for those things).  Don't you see.....there would go yet another innocent person (innocent of the crime of murder that is).   I in no way think Casey is innocent of everything.  She is a very troubled woman, imo.  Do I think she should be held responsible for other things....yes....but she wasn't being tried in court for those "other" things.  It's not a perfect system we have. I understand how those poor jurors had to come to the conclusion they did.  There duty was to uphold the law and the prosecutor didn't have the evidence they needed for them to do so.  I don't know who the killer was...it could have been Casey.  We will never know what happened unless she tell's the truth and that leaves many people hanging.  I understand it is hard to take...but what other choice is there at this point in time?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

i dont know, I didn't follow the story  when iit first happened.  I knew what was happening of course, because friends, family and daily news covered it everyday.  I think people became attached and bonded with  the child. Also, the story had twists and turns and such blatant lying , people tuned in.  Oh yeah, Nancy Grace!!  She had a daily show on the case.  But the child Was loved by the public because they bonded with her.  Children are abused  and murdered  every day.  It is one of the most horrific acts a person could think of.  I do remember many parents of murdered children were a little upset and very hurt that their child wasnt given the same publicity.  I dont know why,   

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@sidsmom

i dont know, I didn't follow the story  when iit first happened.  I knew what was happening of course, because friends, family and daily news covered it everyday.  I think people became attached and bonded with  the child. Also, the story had twists and turns and such blatant lying , people tuned in.  Oh yeah, Nancy Grace!!  She had a daily show on the case.  But the child Was loved by the public because they bonded with her.  Children are abused  and murdered  every day.  It is one of the most horrific acts a person could think of.  I do remember many parents of murdered children were a little upset and very hurt that their child wasnt given the same publicity.  I dont know why,   

@shoekitty

Do I remember correctly that a young girl disappeared in an area near you?  What ever became of that case?  Did they ever solve it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fortune

Yes! Thank you for remembering her.  You are thinking of Sierra Lamar, my granddaughters friend. It was in March 2012, she disappeared while waiting for the school bus.  Antolin Garcia was arrested a year later, and convicted of kidnap/ murder in 2017. 

her body was never found, and Antolin garcia has never given authorities the where abouts of her body.  Thank God for DNA or he would still be out there.  They found a few strands of her hair and"blood in his car.  He denied ever knowing her, so it was incriminating her dna was found in his car.  Her parents have never stopped looking for where she might be buried.  He is just an evil sadistic person.  He received life in prison, no parole.  Which is like the death penalty here in California.  No one is ever executed anymore, so life in prison no parole is the same.

if you google her name the whole case will come up.  She was mentioned one time on the national news.  After that it was a pretty high profile case here in the Bay Area, and South County.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know who would want to date her. She got away with murder. I haven't followed a case like that since. When the verdict came down not guilty I actually punched my coat closet door and hurt my hand. (and I'm not a person that would punch anything!).

Oh another  note, I read on Facebook the other day that Caseys dad George rolled his car during a medical emergency and that he is in bad shape. I haven't seen a follow up story to it. Hopefully he will be OK. That man is the only normal one in the family if you ask me. And she tried to pin Caylees death on him, and I do not believe he had anything to do with  it!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@fortune

Yes! Thank you for remembering her.  You are thinking of Sierra Lamar, my granddaughters friend. It was in March 2012, she disappeared while waiting for the school bus.  Antolin Garcia was arrested a year later, and convicted of kidnap/ murder in 2017. 

her body was never found, and Antolin garcia has never given authorities the where abouts of her body.  Thank God for DNA or he would still be out there.  They found a few strands of her hair and"blood in his car.  He denied ever knowing her, so it was incriminating her dna was found in his car.  Her parents have never stopped looking for where she might be buried.  He is just an evil sadistic person.  He received life in prison, no parole.  Which is like the death penalty here in California.  No one is ever executed anymore, so life in prison no parole is the same.

if you google her name the whole case will come up.  She was mentioned one time on the national news.  After that it was a pretty high profile case here in the Bay Area, and South County.

@shoekitty wrote:

@fortune

@shoekitty

Thanks to you for keeping her name in the news for so long!  I'm so glad they caught the probable perpatrator!  Too bad we can't use torture on these people to find out where they hid the body!!  Usually it is on their property somewhere. 16x16_heart.png