Esteemed Contributor

Re: Car door locks-remember?

I have a 2013 Charger and I’ve had to replace the batteries on the keyfob twice 

Respected Contributor

I think the one of the features I like the most about my car (2017 Subaru Forester) is the little textured spot on the handles of the front door (just 2 little grooves about ½" long in the top of the handles) that locks all the doors when you touch it.  It's so handy.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Mine has all kinds of electronics on it that I have no clue how to use or what all it does. LOL!!!

I've had my car for nearly a year & I am still staring at the airplane control panel like a deer caught in headlights.  After the heatwave, I am taking my car right back to the dealership to have someone show me what to do w/each & every instrument while I sit back & take notes.

@Mz iMac.  Did you get an owner's manual?  That should be helpful if you read it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Did you get an owner's manual?  That should be helpful if you read it.

@Kachina624

Scroll up to see my previous response regarding the  owners manual.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

My car is 22years old. I have to manually kick it and use a key to open.  It still takes me from A to B and no high payments,license fee or insurance. I do keep it in great condition. Guys like to come up and look and comment.

Honored Contributor

We have a 1970 muscle car. Yes, it has no A/C, manual door locks, manual transmission and roll up/down windows. Those were the days!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I still don’t use all the gadgets on my twenty and eighteen-year-old cars.  Never had to replace the batteries in any of the key fobs.

I dread the day when I have to buy a new car.