Honored Contributor

The Captain has passed away at age 76 from Renal Failure. They have been divorced since 2014. But apparently remained closest of friends.......I loved their songs, they were such a cute couple.........

Honored Contributor

I remember them from the variety shows when I was a kid.  So sad to see the talented ones go.  Smiley Sad  

Honored Contributor

They were wonderful and I loved their music in my Jr. High years.  My Mom adopted Tennille's hairstyle and wore it for way too many decades.  I was so sorry to hear when they divorced but it is so nice they remained friends.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Sad to hear of his passing and their divorce. Remember them well from my high school days!

https://gemcodesigns.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/the-captain-and-tennille.jpg?w=714

Esteemed Contributor
Thinking of Toni's hairstyle... It was "The Rachel" decades before The Rachel was the craze, except it was shorter. Yes, and I wore that in the 70s.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Captain and Tennille!

[ Edited ]

I saw a snippet of an interview with Tennille from a few years ago.  She said that the Captain could not show any affection.  No hugs, sitting together, nothing.  The interviewer (I think it was Savannah Guthrey) asked why she stayed with him for so long.  And Tennille said that she was always hoping he would change.  They had no children ~ not sure if that was why, but it would make sense.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to learn of Darryl Dragon's passing.  I didn't know that he and Toni had divorced.  Nice to know she was with him at the end.  May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor
I saw the same interview...thought it was strange for her to speak of him that way. She filed for divorce while they were still living together....he said he was blindsided by getting the papers...and the divorce was finalized but she never moved out. It may have had to do with finances...he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and she filed for divorce as soon as that happened. I enjoyed their music. Sorry he is gone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Captain and Tennille!

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

She was married to someone for 10 years before Daryl.  I'm sure she didn't want a second divorce.

I thought the reason for the divorce is so that he could get state medical care which was very expensive for what he was diagnosed with.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN