Trusted Contributor

Sitting at my desk at high noon, 90+ degrees outside,  I hear a loud clunk.  Uh oh.  On the step sat a package from Slatkin labelled FRAGILE and This End Up.  Well, the end up was at the bottom so I was kind of wondering what I would see when I opened the package.  Well kudos to Harry - packaging was good enough to withstand the PO mishandling even tho they tried Smiley Very Happy

Have to add that there was no sign of melting and the candles smelled so darn good even tho I have to wait till the holidays to light them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Candles & the Post Office

@chlema    Glad your candles arrived intact.

I wish I thought it matters which company is making the deliveries -  I have yet to get more direct or safer delivery consistently from any one company.  It doesn't even seem to matter if the selling company sends its own trucks or vans.  All the companies are reacting to the massive consumer demands by putting pressure on the bottom of the supply chain --  warehouse workers and delivery drivers are being hit hard.   Around here they run, they dump, they move on.  USPS is every bit as good as the rest, but I bet it's because we have a good mailperson.

Respected Contributor

Mine also arrived today four orders  via UPS.  No problems. The boxes are heavy cardboard which helps. I  also took a whiff of the Holiday and Winter scents. Well packaged. 

I have breakage occasionally with BBW but they are pleasant to call  CS to replace with no questions asked. I don't think any delivery companies pay attention to "This Side Up " or" Fragile" Delivery personnel far too busy and  even have to spend time retaping to even get deliveries out. My UPS and USPS are hard workers and thankful for the ones I have right now. I dont get too many FedEx deliveries for some reason?

Trusted Contributor

@Gorgf I get that they are under pressure and have to work all kind of hours but I also think it would just take a glance at the large Fragile - Glass to at least not toss the box down.   In my area you are lucky to get mail delivered on the day they say and too often mail is "lost".

Honored Contributor

Mine were good too! Packaging was great! They smell so good, I may not last until Cristmas! lol....

Honored Contributor

A relative of mine was a post master and pointed out something to me:  Mail goes in mail sacks. The postal workers cannot see inside the sack that your envelope says "Photos: Do Not Bend" or that your package that says "Fragile" can be spotted in that canvas bag. 

It's all about how you pack.  

Respected Contributor

i've ordered candles, from 3 different places,  in the last few weeks. All have survived the trip. Bath/body works, Homeworxs and goose. I'm happy with all the fragrances and can't wait to burn the holiday ones.

Esteemed Contributor

I was expecting an order from MY Farmers Dog, and had to be gone for about an hour.  I put a note on my front steps with big letters, PLEASE Put package to your left in the shade.  They could not miss this, because its where the pkg. would be placed.  

Sure enough, when I got home, pkg ontop of note.  Food still frozen, so that part OK, but maybe they don't care.  This was not UPS, the driver knows me.

Can't remember name, but white van, blue letters.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

A relative of mine was a post master and pointed out something to me:  Mail goes in mail sacks. The postal workers cannot see inside the sack that your envelope says "Photos: Do Not Bend" or that your package that says "Fragile" can be spotted in that canvas bag. 

It's all about how you pack.  

That's very true - except in this particular case the box that held the merchandise would not have fit in their sack but would have to be kept in the truck until delivered.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf wrote:

Mine also arrived today four orders  via UPS.  No problems. The boxes are heavy cardboard which helps. I  also took a whiff of the Holiday and Winter scents. Well packaged. 

I have breakage occasionally with BBW but they are pleasant to call  CS to replace with no questions asked. I don't think any delivery companies pay attention to "This Side Up " or" Fragile" Delivery personnel far too busy and  even have to spend time retaping to even get deliveries out. My UPS and USPS are hard workers and thankful for the ones I have right now. I dont get too many FedEx deliveries for some reason?

UPS, USPS, FedEx and even Amazon are doing a lousy job.....items arent delivered on time, or the packages are lost, or delivery instructions aren't followed even with Amazon Prime that we pay extra for....or you get other people packages and its almost impossible to get that company that delivered them incorrectly to come and pickup the packages and re-deliver them to the RIGHT place!!! Im so tired of incompetent employees and a lack  of Customer Service .....

Now BBW might do everything in their power to make sure their products are package to prevent breakage and assure they get to the customers....so the finger is pointed back at the DELIVERY COMPANIES!!!! If these people dont want to do the job right, then dont take t he job-----the people know what it entails.....And there are PLENTY of HELP WANTED ads these days begging for people to come and work, so the  job prospects are plentiful!!! Dont take a job if you cant perform it right!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”